Okay Im rebuilding a guitar, I am going with a H/S/H configuration. I have a SD Hot Rails in the middle. What should I go with. I want something with good distortion but that can also handle cleans.
dimarzio sd on the bridge and a tonezone on the neck?
it's distortion and clean like you wanted. i don't know.
Quote by ClaptonRules
Okay Im rebuilding a guitar, I am going with a H/S/H configuration. I have a SD Hot Rails in the middle. What should I go with. I want something with good distortion but that can also handle cleans.

whats good distortion? whats clean? you've gotta be more specific with the kind of tone you want.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
whats good distortion? whats clean? you've gotta be more specific with the kind of tone you want.

Why do people put a weed leaf infront of their thread asking about pickups, it honostly degrades your appeared intellegence level.

Generally a pickup thats good for distortion will not be good for cleans. Cleans require a lower output, and distortion takes higher.
Cheap as possible. I dont want to spend too much since Im doing a bunch of mods to my guitar as well.
I recommend using two hot humbuckers in the bridge and neck, and then get a custom 5 way switch that will give you coil splitting in positions 2 and 4 for Strat/Tele-like cleans. I did that with an American Strat and it worked wonders.
Hi, I'm Peter