I wrote a song called Kurt about Cobain about 2 weeks ago, as a tribute, because if it weren't for him, I would not care anything about music... And I want you guys to tell me what you think, as it's probably my favorite original, because it's different than my other stuff.

The vox are a bit rough at the beginning, but I think they level out later on in the song.

www.myspace.com/jeremyeye - Listen to "Kurt"

Thanks guys!

Review Responses

Quote by m_three10
this really makes me wish i could sing, really. listening to all these guy who play and sing. hell im in a sightsinging class right now, and it sucks cause i cant sing for a long time cause my throat gets all raspy.

Is this a cover? i mean, for what it is, its good. you got consistent rythm the vocals need to synch harder though, to get those downbeats accented like youre shooting for. it comes with practice. i seriously think singin and playing is one of the hardest things in the world, regardless of what anyone says.

keep it up man.

Thanks. I must say, though, the RECORDING isn't sung and played, it was done seperate with layering, but I sing and play all the time, for my band, it's not a big deal for me... The trick is to learn the song on guitar perfect, first, so you can play it in your sleep, then do the vocals.

Quote by livefortoday
i kind of like it, it's weird, surreal

but it's sung really bad. even though that's probably the style.

Yeah, minor keys do that.

And yeah, I'm just a bad singer, it's cool lol, I'm working on improving.

Quote by MetalHead73
i like it

i think its really good but i dont know too much about wat other ppl think

its a really pwerful song, especially for me bcuz i love Nirvana

Thanks
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Last edited by BreakingBnj at Jun 14, 2006,
i like it

i think its really good but i dont know too much about wat other ppl think

its a really pwerful song, especially for me bcuz i love Nirvana
F.U.B.A.R.
i kind of like it, it's weird, surreal

but it's sung really bad. even though that's probably the style.
this really makes me wish i could sing, really. listening to all these guy who play and sing. hell im in a sightsinging class right now, and it sucks cause i cant sing for a long time cause my throat gets all raspy.

Is this a cover? i mean, for what it is, its good. you got consistent rythm the vocals need to synch harder though, to get those downbeats accented like youre shooting for. it comes with practice. i seriously think singin and playing is one of the hardest things in the world, regardless of what anyone says.

keep it up man.
the guitar is really good. The vocals could use a little work, and they seem to have some clipping at some points. Overall, its a pretty good song. Nice job
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
hrmm
i cant say your voice it isnt. but if you could sing I would imagine you souding something like pete yorn, and the guy from snow patrol.
Its not bad gutiar, its just not that great of a song sorry. I like the strumming pattern i mean your voice just throws this down everywhere, i cant like it that much sorry