Allrighty. I've been learning guitar for about 6 months now, and I'm kinda lost. So if anyone could tell me things that I should know. And also any good song suggestions for this level. It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
well, theres not exact things you should know by that time, but, what do you know now?
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
Maybe learn some theory? Alot of people don't like it, but I find it vastly intersting.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
umm ty learning chords, major chords, like a, d, c, g, e, em,am, and leanr them in suspended to, like d sus 2 and 4 are good, also power chords are fun, and easy to learn
Well, I know hammer on/pull off's, tapping, sliding, fair few chords, power chords I love, I've learnt heaps of songs, and have a book of tab.

Hi
what are some of the songs you can play?

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

Ok, I'll list the one's I think are more difficult: Paschendale - Iron Maiden, The Zephyr Song - Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Jesus of Suburbia - Greenday (This is more of an endurance song), Paranoid - Black Sabbath, Misirlou(Pulp Fiction Theme) - Dick Dale, Hold On Me - Grinspoon, Girl - The Beatles, We're Not Gunna Take It - Twisted Sister.

And that's all I got so far... Tell me if it's bad or not..

Hi
if you can play the paschendale solos already....

Quote by Xenn99

Hahahaha, no. Most of those songs I can play solo-less, except that ones that have easy ones... I wish I could play them though...

Hi
yea same here but i'm starting to just learn now. Start trying the solos and they'll come along.

Quote by Xenn99

Which solo's? Paschendale?

Hi
Quote by JD7
Well, I know hammer on/pull off's, tapping, sliding, fair few chords, power chords I love, I've learnt heaps of songs, and have a book of tab.

I've been playing almost a year, and that's basically all I know, haha. Except barre chords are my best friend.
nah start with some easier ones, crazy train solo is actually pretty easy. Just keep progressing. And maybe learn some scales and stuff.

Quote by Xenn99

Ok then, I'll give some of the solo's a try. Anyone else? I'm still lost, song suggestions?

Hi
Do yourself a favor and learn the pentatonic, you will be able to improv solos instead of learning them note for note (more fun for me )...but don't get boxed up into the pentatonic, learn theory and work your way around the fretboard. Also, try learning Eruption by Van Halen, and Hot for Teacher.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Yeah, learn some scales. I'll post a link to a site with a bunch of 'em, but I'm not at home right now, so you'll have to wait.
Cool, thanks Danno. I just hope you hold to your word, I'm getting bored... Need guitar!

Your cool cause you sigged me

Hi
I was only speaking truth. I will find him, and do it. Eventually. Might also sandpaper down his nipples. *sits and waits to get sigged*

Hi
thats just wrong dude, and since theres nothing else to say that hasnt been said

i say poop. that is all
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"