Page 1 of 2
This is a yamaha pacifica that I'm working on. My friend painted it (i think it looks awesome) i added sperzel locking tuners and a seymour duncan trembucker. Im probably going to change the pickup covers to black. what do you think?

whattt!, thast so nice looking, u guys should start selling those, i think whick pickup covers, or silver ones will look the niceset
Check out my music *
Your friend is ****ing talented. This ia a real piece of art. Reminds me of something Hendrix would play! I think the white pickups are fine, they and more to the artistic flare of the guitar.
That's pretty sweet. All black pickups and a black bridge w/ black knobs would look pretty slick, IMO.
thats psycedelic as **** man, **** that is ****ing good, i didn't expect anything like that when i came in this thing, but yea all black pickups would look sick as ****
"when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" jimi hendrix
thats pretty smooth, the tuners realy compliment it and i rek the black pickupcovers would look sh*t hot on that beast! Well played
All black hardware, a mirror scratchplate and a floyd rose.... meaning a REAL floyd rose... yeah boy
Totally amazing. You've got one seriously talented friend.
I offered to let a friend of mine paint my old squier bullet anyway he wanted -total freedom but he wouldnt do it ou could easily sell guitars that cool for good money.
You are very talented

EDIT: your friend is very talented sorry.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Now you need a solid ebony neck or something dark so set it off.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
since your bridge pup and tuners are black, and if you're leaving the other pups white (or changin them black), i'd get the bridge itself to be black, probly just buy a black FR.
freakin killer man i swear stroke of genius right there lol i was listenin to hendrix when i opened that and bamm but yall dont kno wat ur talkin bout i turned the hendrix off and put on some greatful dead
i think you should get a white cover for the trembucker, have your buddy paint all the covers 2. then clear coat everything more then you would ever need 2, because you dont want that awsome paint job comming off
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
how much should I be trying to sell this for? Throw out some rough numbers of what you'd be willing to pay if you had the money. it's got sperzels and a seymour duncan trembucker. thanks
Pink single coils! And another really flashy colour for the humbucker. Otherwise, that is absolutely beautiful.

EDIT: If I was your friend, and I'd just painted that guitar for you and you turned around and sold it to some random guy on UG, I would be pissed. That said, I bid 100 CND + shipping.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Last edited by invisible_man at Jun 16, 2006,
i'm gonna go change my shorts now.
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
Very nice, I woudl love it if the color change from that top horn to the other section was a lot more apparent.

Actually I wish hte back part was hte front. I love that back part.

good job.
ya, the pickguard is being repainted, it is going to be almost completely black with some shrooms or something on it, i'll post pics when she's completed.
Woah, nice!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
just a quick question, did you strip off the initial layer of whatever, paint, and then put a clear coat over it?

Please tell us how it was done..

Looks beautiful
Thats great! I really like the whole 60's thing going on. Reminds me of the Disraeli Gears cover (dunno why). Very nice guitar, but I'd put some nitro over it now and buff it all up
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Woah! That's really beautiful. What paint did your friend use?
model car paints - yup the paint was stripped first then it was primed and it has already been clear coated and buffed.
^ Oh yeah, I can see the shine on the lower horn in the first pic now. I didn't see it before.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
i was thinkin' about buyin an unfiinished body and painting it. what kind of paint do i use?
Quote by bambi_slaughter

how do you get a baby in a tupperwear container?
use the blender.
how do you get it out again?
tostitos.
i'll buy it off you, i dont have any money, but i'll do anything
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Page 1 of 2