Hi there..

Someone in here have a crybaby pedal?
Is it good/reliable?
Is 134 US $ an okay price to pay for it?
Anything else I have to think about before I buy one?

EDIT: Is it good for metal/solo's (Enter sandman, Sad but true etc..)?

Hope you can give me some advice

Thanks
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain World Domination.
Last edited by Nuums at Jun 14, 2006,
$134 for an Original Crybaby? NO WAY. It's a horrible pedal, and I only paid $70 for it.
What makes it horrible?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
it looks a bit overpriced to me I was looking into ordering one although I've never played one
I'd look on ebay and get an idea what a fair price for a used one is
Its not a horrible pedal. I was a little disappointed with it. I expected something with a greater range in tone and more of a say...wah feel. But this is just my opinion. I payed $100 for mine. My friend payed $40 for his. I have also seen them on sell for as much as $155. I would look for a better price, unless you dont mind paying the extra. Also...I would defeinetly play one before you baught it (every guitar player and their mother has one just about.)

p.s. It is extremly reliable. It is very heavy and seems indestructible. That said, the little rubber feet on the bottom come off very easily and will not go back on (unless you glue them). This sint really a problem unless your playing on the hardwood floor after mommy told you not to .
Last edited by Grimster at Jun 14, 2006,
Okay, Of cause I would "try it on" first....
But I would have to use it when playing Metallica solo's, especially in songs like Enter sandman and Sad but true, they use a wah-pedal (in the solo's)... Wouldn't that happen to be a cry-baby or are there some other pedals, better for that purpose..?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
Im not sure what they use on those songs, but I use my crybaby on them. It sounds pretty decent, not quite the same. Im thinking about buying a Weeping demon wah pedal. It has more of a "slam your head against the wall until your teeth fall out" sorta wah feel to it. I havnt played any mettalica songs on one of those though, but im sure it would sound great.
Hey, I've got one
It doesn't have much (or any) usable sweep, it just all sounds like crap, it makes my tone really thin when it's on, it doesn't rock smoothly, and you really need to bang on it to switch it on. And the whole "wah-ing" isn't very vocal.

So.... I bought a Vox Clyde McCoy last Saturday. Ooo yea. It's a hell of a lot more vocal, more sweep, it sounds amazing, and it's really smooth to use.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
After giving it more thought. I have decided the only thing that pedal is acctually good for...is a paper weight for some tabs.
^
All I use mine for now is to prop my Clyde McCoy on so I can switch it on when sittin' down.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Am I the only person, that when I see a wah pedal that is'nt even plugged in i'll start rocking it and making the wah noises myself? is this healthy?
..You are disturbed
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
Well thanks for all your posts, so far I've begun to change my mind... That VOX-pedal looks pretty cool!...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
have you considered any of the morleys? i dont think ive heard a bad thing about them. unfortunatly i dont have one yet but you should look into them.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
ok im gonna Put up the Dunlop 535Q it is an amazing pedal great vocal tone ,great sweep, great range and it has a decibel boost. The best one i have ever played but personally i have never tried the vox or morley wahs. But it is a great wah for metal and suits my needs just fine.

Also finding kirks exact wah tone is hard as alot of **** go into it.

He uses a dunlop rack mounted wah unit that cost 500 dollars and he has modded it. But the Dunlop GCB -95F has been modeled after his tone but i have never tried it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
if you can find a used one cheap, you can make the stock Dunlop GCB-95 very usable with a couple bucks and a soldering iron. There is only one capaictor difference between the GCB-95 and the Hendrix wah that they sell for a lot more. The resistors and caps are pennies. If you want to take it further, you can make just about everything adjustable.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373873
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
he speaks the truth... it's amazing the difference switching out two resistors and a capacitor can make...
Quote by Syn Harvest
ok im gonna Put up the Dunlop 535Q it is an amazing pedal great vocal tone ,great sweep, great range and it has a decibel boost. The best one i have ever played but personally i have never tried the vox or morley wahs. But it is a great wah for metal and suits my needs just fine.

Also finding kirks exact wah tone is hard as alot of **** go into it.

He uses a dunlop rack mounted wah unit that cost 500 dollars and he has modded it. But the Dunlop GCB -95F has been modeled after his tone but i have never tried it

It is exactly the GCB -95F model I'm looking at...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
Erock503 > You are saying that it would be better for me to buy a pedal that have been used?! Well, my father would probably say that too, and maybe I should look around for someone who is selling one.. Thanks anyway!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.