Hey guys, I just read a thread in here about different pickups, 85s in the bridge or something like that, and realised that I have absolutely no clue about this sort of thing, can someone point out a site that will give me some information about the different types, sounds etc of pickups (or just explain it to me lol). Also the differences in sound with different woods, i.e. my guitar has an agathis body and a maple neck, what difference would a different wood make to sound?
Oldest member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991" Club!. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Thanks...i guess lol. I was aware that EMGs were a brand of pickup, i was more after the distinction between 85s and 83s etc.
Oldest member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991" Club!. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
www.dimarzio.com

Do some reading up on your pickup types there but that's only for their brand. However they have a good "Pickup selector" thing where you tell em' what kind of pickup you want and it tells you. I don't know **** about EMGs so I won't try to explain them. All I know is that they need batteries.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!