Any fans of this litte duo?

I saw them in Dublin last weekend. I'm not completely utterly mad about the music but it was a pretty good gig. Mark played two or three Dire Straits songs, Romeo and Juliet was ****ing amazing.
I must buy All The Roadrunning...

Here's a pictorzez from the gig
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite guitarists ever. I've really liked the little I've heard of their new album, even though country isn't really my thing. I'm still up in the air on whether to pick it up or not.
The album is great in my opinion, really well done. Probably one of my year's favourites so far.
My parents went to see them last week and said they were fairly average live. Didn't leave them with the feeling of wanting more, but then it filled the night alright.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
The album is great, and Romeo & Juliet ought to lend itself well to a duet with Emmy Lou. I see Mark has picked up his resonator.

I've only seen Emmy Lou Harris perform live once on TV, with Mark Knopfler in fact to promote the album. Her voice was a little thin. I'm thinking she's probably not super great live, she did appear on the Last Waltz w/ the Band in a session piece, but strangely not actually in the concert.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Quote by jcthomasva
The album is great, and Romeo & Juliet ought to lend itself well to a duet with Emmy Lou. I see Mark has picked up his resonator.

The didn't do a duet ot R&J, it was just Mark, Emmy Lou wandered off for a few songs. The did do a duet of So Far Away though.

It doesn't show up in that picture but as you can imagine the resonator was blinding everyone. Oh the hilarity.

Her voice was a little thin. I'm thinking she's probably not super great live

Yeah, Mark was the one who was really holding it all together on stage I felt.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
I saw them last week; it was fantastic. I think their voices go together really well.

And the resonator blinded me a good few times too. Great show though.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.