I want to hook up my peavey mic into my pc's mic jack. but the jacks are 2 different sizes. my friend told me to get an adapter that goes on the end of the patch to make it a smaller size, top fit into the pc.
-what is it called?
-what sizes do i need?
-whats the cost?
-does it work for somewhat good quality demo recordings?

thx
Keep on Rockin in the free world!
You're probably going to need some sort of interface, because unless you have a really good soundcard (and no, Sound Blaster Audigy's aren't good for recording) and a good preamp, you will receive poor recordings by plugging straight into your "Line-In" on the soundcard.

By interface though, I mean something like the Line 6 Toneport, or the M-Audio Firewire 410, etc
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by waylay00
You're probably going to need some sort of interface, because unless you have a really good soundcard (and no, Sound Blaster Audigy's aren't good for recording) and a good preamp, you will receive poor recordings by plugging straight into your "Line-In" on the soundcard.

By interface though, I mean something like the Line 6 Toneport, or the M-Audio Firewire 410, etc

Yea definitely, u dont want to send it straight in
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join