If you had a choice, which one would you go with. The HD28 or the D28?
oh but be careful with the finish on these mothas! if you look at this guitar funny you will get a ding in it so be very gentle and NEVER EVER LET YOUR BRO TOUCH IT! belive me on that.
Sorry if this is a noob-question, but what is the big difference between the two?
Haven't played either of them so I don't know, but all the martin-guitars I've played sounds friggin awesome!
Last edited by LinusX3 at Jun 14, 2006,
^not much. If I'm not mistaken the only difference is the style of purflings which is purely cosmetic and very insignificant. I don't like the herringbone design so I would go for the D28.

Edit. I just looked up the specs on the martin site. In addition to the Purflings being different the HD had scalloped bracing and a nicer ebony fretboard.

2nd edit. looks like jimtaka caught me while I was doing the edit.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jun 16, 2006,
^-- not entirely true. the h in hd does stand for herringbone, describing the purfling, but the main difference between the hd-28 and the d-28 is the bracing. the hd-28 has scalloped bracing.

anyway i'd get the hd-28... in fact i did get the hd-28
I know it's not a choice, but I'm looking at the HD-28V because of the bone nut and saddle, the aged finish and I swear it has a richer, clearer sound.

To choose between the two, the HD-28 for it's scalloped bracing. It adds to the resonance capability increasing sustain and richness of sound.
Quote by RevRock
I know it's not a choice, but I'm looking at the HD-28V because of the bone nut and saddle, the aged finish and I swear it has a richer, clearer sound.

To choose between the two, the HD-28 for it's scalloped bracing. It adds to the resonance capability increasing sustain and richness of sound.

I just got back from GC and played the HD-28V. Wow, this thing sounds great. I am just starting out, but I could tell the difference immediately compared to the other guitars in the room.
That forward bracing must really add something. Too bad they didn't have a regular HD-28. I'd love to compare them.
The HD-28 is a more embellished version of the D-28, which is why it's also $450 more(at the Martin site that is).
If all the little extras don't matter to you, the D-28 is the way to go. Apart from the scalloped bracing, they are basically the same guitar.
Wow, so it is. I was thinkning it was from June of this year. My bad.