Hey everybody,

I recently got myself John Petrucci's Rock Discipline, after seeing quite a bit of people recommending it in another practice thread...

Now, my goal is to go to music academy in 2 years. For that, I'll have to be able to play all sorts of style and since I wouldn't know where to find the methods on internet, I'll invest in some good DVD methods.

So, recommend me some good methods, like John Petrucci's, but then for any style: Classical(I'd recommend stuff to play with a pick), Blues, Punk, Shred etc etc.
Anything you can come up with. Then I'll make myself a list and try to get 'em so my quest to become a proper All-round guitarplayer can begin!

Cheers in advance, since I know UG will help me out!
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Some vids that i have, maybe quite useful:
*Marty Friedman - Melodic Control
*Paul Gilbert - Intense Rock Sequences & Techniques I
*Paul Gilbert - Intense Rock II
*Paul Gilbert - Terrifying Guitar Trip
*Yngwie Malmsteen - REH Master Series
*Yngwie Malmsteen - Young Guitar Play Loud
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
madpickin03: I'll look into them, but I was mainly looking for others then shred since I have Petruccis now.. but still thanks!

Schecter1277: I would like DVD because it's somehow easier for me to understand. And since english isn't my motherlanguage, I don't always understand everything I read, but still for your help
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.

its not about the exercises you practice. Its all about the amount of focus involved while practicing
Well actually i have some blues vids, but i dunno where i put it.... Its about some tribute or something to Jimi Hendrix's style and there's this guy who did quite a good job on explaining the tricks here n there. So try searching it around amazon.com under Jimi Hendrix probably.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The absolute number one single most important book (and DVD) that you
should have is: Guitar Principles. First of all, it is THE manual on HOW to practice.
There is nothing else even close. When you know how to practice, your success
at making progress pretty much as far as you want is virtually guaranteed.
Otherwise, it's a crapshoot. Secondly, it will help you to make everything else
you practice that much more effective.

Other good material:

- Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar (Stetina)
- Sheets of Sound (Zucker)
- Shred Guitar (Hanson)
Brilliant! Any ideas on how much that'd cost me, because I live in Europe so...
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.