I been playing about 2 and a half years on an epiphone les paul studio, and i'm thinkin of gettin a gibson, but what websites and stuff tell you doesnt reall justify the price differences, so can anybody help me and tell me the difference between a les paul studio (£850), a les paul classic (£1049) and les paul standard (£1250),, and how their playabity and tone etc changes. In case it makes any difference, im prety good- i can play every note from appetite for destruction and the first 2 aerosmith albums.

sorry if there is a thread like this, but i searched and didnt find anything. If there is, gimme the link and i'll delete this one.
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
pickups are different
the standard has a flamed maple top (AA)
quality control should be better on the classic and standard.
the classic and the standard have a binding

if you have the money, you should go for at least the classic imo.
The Gibsons are made better than the Epis. They have better quality woods, hardware, and electronics.

As for the differences between the 3 Gibsons.

The Standard is, well, the standard. It has a nice flame maple top and Burstbucker pickups, which are great. The specs on the Gibson site can give you the other details.

The Classic is IDENTICAL to the Standard, except it has a plain maple top, rather than flame maple. I believe it also comes with the 49x pickups, but too lazy to look it up. This is the reason it costs less.

The Studio is identical to the Classic, except it doesn't have body and neck binding, and comes with the Gibson 49x pickups. Otherwise, it's the same.

And there is no difference in quality of materials or quality control in these guitars.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
cheers. im thinkin ill go for the classic as long as it comes with a 60's neck option, cos im not really bothered abouit binding and paint types and stuff
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
ya id get a classic i want a classic in Vintage Sunburst. But the studios and Standards are just as good
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
The studio and the classic don't have the same pickups^^^

I'd get the studio though. Unless looks are really important, or you can't be bothered to change the pickups.