are there any PRS' out there at a decent price, which have a tremolo? I just played a friends PRS Mcarty (sp?) and it is the nicest thing i've ever played IMO.
PRS Standards and Customs come with trem bridges. They start at around $2,000.
Hi, I'm Peter
Check out ebay, good stuff on their sometimes. My brother baught a PRS about a month ago, for only 450$ CDN. And the thing is decent, perfect shape, good feel, good sound. And he took it to a shop around here to get a quote on how much it would be to buy from a retialer, and the guy said it would be about 1200$. So just look around theirs plenty of deals. My bro buys a PRS and get his one of a kind Lado Hawk series which is a Dean. So I got the good side of the bargain, although I paid for it, but yea, look around for deals.
^^^ It was probably an SE, which compares in no way to a McCarty. If it was an actual USA-built PRS, then either it's crap or the seller was an idiot. But I agree with your general point. Used instruments are great investments.
Hi, I'm Peter
if those are too pricey look into their SE collection. same guitar but made cheaper.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
I own both a PRS SE Soapbar and a PRS Standard 24. They're not even close to being the same guitar. What an ignorant statement that is.
Hi, I'm Peter
^^^ but is it a decent guitar? for the money anyway?
Life is Good
The SEs are finished well, play well (if you like that neck shape -- it's a little wider, more uniform than the wide-thin neck of the USA PRS's), and the soapbars sound great. The stock pickups in the other SEs kind of suck, but that's an easy change. The only complaint I have about the SE Soapbar II is that the stop tailpiece SUCKS. I hate bridges without individual saddle adjustments.
Hi, I'm Peter
grrr, because i want something with the sound and feel of a PRS but at like £450 WITH tremolo. Hard request i know.
I like the singlecuts
yea but look at the tremonti
its great
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
PRS SE with a trem will run you about that much. You can own a pair of McCarty pickups for about an extra $260.
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah, I ordered a set for my Standard 24. I went through my local guitar shop, who then contacted PRS directly. Nice chrome covers, too USA-made PRS have some of the best stock pickups you can get.
Hi, I'm Peter
as for the stock pups, will they beat the stocks on a Yamaha RGXA2. That's what i'm playing right now, and i'm just looking for a little more tone.
They're a little dry to me, but then again I have acquired high standards over the years. They'll be an upgrade over your Yamaha, most likely. What kind of music are you playing?
Hi, I'm Peter
Hmm...ever tried soapbars? I think the SE Soapbar II has some really good tones. The soapbars work well with the mahogany body. The only problem, really, is hum, but there are ways to deal with that.
Hi, I'm Peter
A ha! got me there. Forgot about that. Well, there's the PRS SE Custom, that has a trem, and the other guitar I would recommend in that price range with a trem would be a Fat Strat.
Hi, I'm Peter
Yea... the SE Custom is actually a nice PRS for the money. That's what I'd suggest.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
i found some santana SE's for £379 which is easily in my price range, haven't found any SE customs yet, same price range do you reckon?
The SE series will do you fine, but if you save a little bit more, try getting the CE22 0r CE24. They go about $800-1000 on ebay. Both have trems.
nice guitars, only problem is the rotary pup selector, i have one on my yamaha and it was fine at first but ive got much better since a pup changing is now a real pain.
new question, does the top add to the tone, because there is the SE standard without the top for like £50 cheaper.

EDIT: Sorry for double post
yeah

the top does add to the tone. I played an SE custom and then an SE standard at guitar center. There was definitely a difference in sound, although it wasn't too great
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
You should check out the CE series. American made with a bolt on neck instead of a set neck. I own a CE 22 and it is amazing.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
A PRS for a Decent Price?!? Why Bother? The entire Luster of a Paul Reed Smith is the fact that it's a Super-Elite Instrament... but in my opinion; F*** PRS...For what a PRS Normally costs you could buy like a Signature Series Fender Stratocaster (like the Yngwie Malmsteen one which has a Fully-Scolloped Fretboard...) but why bother getting a PRS...the whole thing about a PRS is to have like a "Really Expensive" Guitar that plays really awesome...or sounds really awesome...or something...

Lemmie let you in on a little secret...
Everyone has Different Preferances as far as how a guitar is set up....no two people have the EXACT-SAME Setup...& if it's tone you're worried about...you can get any Dual-Humbucker guitar & Buy better pickups for it so it'll sound like what ever you want...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
Everyone has Different Preferances as far as how a guitar is set up....no two people have the EXACT-SAME Setup...& if it's tone you're worried about...you can get any Dual-Humbucker guitar & Buy better pickups for it so it'll sound like what ever you want...

bull****! better pups in no way make any guitar sound how you want if it's a rubbish guitar to begin with
Quote by Mazz-
A PRS for a Decent Price?!? Why Bother? The entire Luster of a Paul Reed Smith is the fact that it's a Super-Elite Instrament... but in my opinion; F*** PRS...For what a PRS Normally costs you could buy like a Signature Series Fender Stratocaster (like the Yngwie Malmsteen one which has a Fully-Scolloped Fretboard...) but why bother getting a PRS...the whole thing about a PRS is to have like a "Really Expensive" Guitar that plays really awesome...or sounds really awesome...or something...

Easy there on the ellipses...

I would just like to say that I'm not really a big fan of the customs. All the ones that I've played have felt cheaply built and toy-like.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well, after a long nights sleep, i have decided to save up and buy one of the top end PRS' i realised that as some above me said, the whole point of a PRS is so that it's a top quality instrument. If i went out and bought an SE now (even though im sure that they are great guitars) i would feel as if i was selling myself short. So as i said, i'm going to start saving. Istart a new job in a couple of weeks and i should have saved enough in around a years time for a high end PRS.

Thanks for your help all.