What was the best concert(s) you have ever been to?
mine has to be Slipknot, System of a down, Ozzy, Radiohead, and Mindless Self Indulgence
GREATEST CONCERT EVER = Paul McCartney at the Palace of Auburn Hills (Detroit), 2005

My friend called me up the day before and asked me if I wanted to go, for free. WE HAD $125 TICKETS. He played a HUGE set, with like 3 encores. GREATEST CONCERT IMAGINABLE.

Queen + Paul Rodgers was pretty sweet too, although my seats sucked ass.

Joe Satriani was awesome also. Teeny little venue. But I still managed to get close to the worst seats in the house. lol.

Sadly, those are the only concerts I've been to. :''''(
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
richard ashcroft

i mean it, the atmosphere is GREAT!! he really feels the emotions of the songs, dispite how many times he's played them or how long ago they were composed. it is just electric when bittersweet syphony kicks in right at the end!! and theres more classics than ive had hot dinners!!

and green day are one of my favorite bands (were my favortie at the time) and i saw their BIGGEST concert EVER in milton keynes...it even got put on dvd and i was quite near the front too!!....

and i preferred ashcroft!!!!
The Frames, Point Depot in Dublin last November. Christ it was everything I thought it would be and more. Glen really connects with the crowd. They did loads of encores. I was in shock from it all for a week afterwards.

Plus, it was all being filmed, soon to be on some sort of DVD...
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Dave Matthews Band, and then I saw Aerosmith with Lenny Kravitz
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
My best concert was Aerosmith with Lenny Kravitz.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
i saw Dream Theater's 20th anniversary show (making it into a DVD) April 21st. It was such an amazing show, i've never been to a better concerts, and i've been to alot.

i saw the band moe. last night in central park. definately one of the best shows i've been to. they just wrecked the place, i loved their jams, the setlist, and they're one of my favorite bands. the weather and location was just absolutely perfect as well...

also, back in october i saw Streetlight Manifesto w/ the arrogant sons of bitches. easily the ebst ska show i've been to. it was just buttloads of fun, skanking, small venue, and last Streetlight show until their new album!
Fireball Ministry + CKY

Clutch + CKY

The best show i've ever been to was a small 4/5 song set by a local band called The Legion of Doom in small dingy upstairs pub room place...it was just...intense
Agnostic Front was the best band I ever saw, and Shadows Fall were good at that show, too. Unfortunately, that show was soiled by Byzantine and Still Remains.

My best overall show might have been Rid Of Me, the Devil Spades, the Repercussions, and Marky Ramone. Good bands across the board.
idk i think weezer was probably the best band that i've ever seen live, it was a truly amazing show that they put on.

even though im not that big of a fan of green day, they put on a really great show

i thought the strokes were cool when i saw them too but not amazing

for the most part my favorite shows arent usually with big bands...
gotta be jimmy buffett :P

god that was fun. drove down to chicago from detroit just to see 'em. heading to the subway station saw tons of people wearing hawaiian shirts and parrot related stuff. then some guys on the actual subway brought marghetira mix and it was awesome.

then the actual show was just awesome because everyone knew like every song from the set and we were all singing and dancing. it was just an all around cool time

barenaked ladies put on a fun concert just caue of their songs and how they get the audience involved
Yngwie.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by GiantRaven
The best show i've ever been to was a small 4/5 song set by a local band called The Legion of Doom in small dingy upstairs pub room place...it was just...intense

I bet they were wrestling nerds...
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Quote by telex289
i saw Dream Theater's 20th anniversary show (making it into a DVD) April 21st. It was such an amazing show, i've never been to a better concerts, and i've been to alot.

i saw the band moe. last night in central park. definately one of the best shows i've been to. they just wrecked the place, i loved their jams, the setlist, and they're one of my favorite bands. the weather and location was just absolutely perfect as well...

also, back in october i saw Streetlight Manifesto w/ the arrogant sons of bitches. easily the ebst ska show i've been to. it was just buttloads of fun, skanking, small venue, and last Streetlight show until their new album!

That's freaking awesome. Dream Theater never makes it up to the NW. My favorites I've seen is tough, I've seen quite a few bands for my age. Well I'd go with Jethro Tull, Aerosmith, Nine Inch Nails and the Drive By-Truckers. I'm seeing the Chili Peppers in August and I'm imaging that'll be pretty near the top too. I'll finally see a full Wolfmother set at the same show too after seeing on a short set at the Sasquatch Music Festival last month.
Last edited by GeetarsAreRock at Jun 18, 2006,
I saw Opeth, that was awesome.... System of a Down and Darkness are also worthy metnions, Rage against the Machine was ****ing awesome back in 1998 (i think it was then i was only like 12)
ALL the concerts I've been to have been absolutely fantastic. However the BB King farewell tour (with Gary Moore) was probably the best, but Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler weren't far behind.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Pearl Jam - East Rutherford, New Jersey - 6/3/06

It was an awsome set and one of the best audiences I have ever been a part of.
Erm..

I think the latest Aerosmith one I went to. The first time last year I went to Motley Crue as well, closely followed by the third time at Motley Crue and Van Halen too maybe.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
GREATEST CONCERT EVER = Paul McCartney at the Palace of Auburn Hills (Detroit), 2005

My friend called me up the day before and asked me if I wanted to go, for free. WE HAD $125 TICKETS. He played a HUGE set, with like 3 encores. GREATEST CONCERT IMAGINABLE.
I saw McCartney at MSG last october. The show was a lot of fun, he really did play for a long time. I would definately see him again.

The best show I saw was either Aerosmith 6/30/04 or 11/23/05. I'm leaning more towards 6/30 though.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by flowers_of_rome
The best concert I went to was in a dream.
It was a Led Zeppelin concert

I also wanted to say that they played one song from every album
I LOVE Telecasters
I think it has to be when Mew played at Rockefeller, Oslo 7th october last fall.
Great athmosphere and a great audience kombined with the exelent live-band they are, it was realy memerable!

But hopefully my best concert memory will be Placebo at Roskilde! Can't wait!!!
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side...
motley crue
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
I went to see Motley Crue in February, and it kicked MAJOR ass.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
best concert...wow I've seen a few bands who put on great shows but my top 5 are:

5) Hawthorne Heights (I was front row on the floor next to the barricade, they played a show in dallas at 10:30 in the morning then flew to detriot to play at 5:30, singers voice was gone but the audience was totally into it)
4) Dashboard Confessional ( they are the emo kids *Nsync I swear. They played at a general admission concert that I went to sunday and they were in the Fox theater, they stopped letting people in because they packed the Fox. They are consistantly awesome)
3) Billy Talent (I have never seen a crowd get as rilled up as the crowd did when they played "The Ex")
2) Atreyu (they sound amazing live it is always a plus when the bands sound better then the album when they play)
1) Anberlin (I saw them this past Saturday and they were perfect. Someone stole the shirt I bought and the drummer gave me a new one and they signed autographs. Stephen told me to find him before the concert on Sunday and remind him to play Audrey! Start the Revolution but I was to busy watching DC)

(concerts 5 & 4 were at the 89x Birthday Bash in Detriot on June 18, 06 and I was in the same spot for both concerts (we went down to the floor during Love Arcade and stayed there so we could be close for Dashboard and Hawthorne it was great))

AFI also puts on an amazing show. Davey sounded amazing Sunday alot better then what he sounded when they played the Movie Awards.
concerts i've been to:

K-ROCK Dysfunctional Family Picnic 8: brand new, taking back sunday, midtown, new found glory, the darkness, beastie boys, the stokes, and a ****load of other bands (like 20 bands almost)

Ska is Dead 2: streetlight manifesto, voodoo glow skulls, mu330, high school football heroes

Streetlight manifesto w/ The Arrogant Sons of bitches, whole wheat bread, and the vagabonds

moe. @ roseland ballroom in NYC, and central park in NYC

Phil lesh and friends in NYC (seeing them in july also)

Dream Theater 20th anniversary show at radio city music hall

Motion city soundtrack

the killers

coheed and cambria: seent hem 3 times

OAR at madison square garden

upcoming concerts:

mabye CKY june 22nd
THE ALLMAN BROTHERS W/ DEREK TRUCKS - june 27th
PHIL LESH & FRIENDS W/ MIKE GORDON, TREY ANASTASIO, AND THE BENEVENTO/RUSSO DUO - july 7th
and

august 6th - LEFTOVER CRACK in tompkins square park
Last edited by telex289 at Jun 20, 2006,
I've been to so many good concerts.
Top 4
1 Pearl Jam( I don't know how it was better than B B King, but it was)
2. B B King
3. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers w/ The Black Crowes
4. Foo Fighters w/ Weezer

Future show which will be on this list = Eric Clapton
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Eric Clapton Last night it was seriously incredible, The dude sings and plays with so much passion it was awesome

Gibson Flying V
Washburn SB- 20
Epiphone special II
Epiphone PR 5-E
Marshall MG100HDFX
ive went to:
LRS Fest - Hawthorne Heights, Three Days Grace, Head Automatica, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Rock Kills Kid, and Jackson Sneed [including the locals]
30 Seconds To Mars
and today- All-American Rejects
in December im going to see The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus again =]
Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over.
Either Iron Maiden or Tom Petty
Petty played longer, so ill say him.

Kenny Chesney puts on a good show too.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun