my mom pushed over my SG, guitar falls on tuning knob, broken...
Gibson SG 04'
so how is it gibsons fault
its your moms fault
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Meh. No biggie. It's just a tuning key. It's cheap and easy to replace.

Not to be an ass, but really, you shouldn't leave a guitar like that sitting outwhere it can be knocked over. Technically, you bear as much responsibility as your mom.

But I will conceed that Gibson tuners suck ass. They break really easy and aren't all that accurate. YOU'd figure they could put better tuners on a guitar that costs that much.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
wait, she did it on purpose? its not gibsons fault, just buy a new tuning peg
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Replace the tuner then get a better stand. Oh, and make your mum pay for it.

Then don't be so stupid again!
Quote by taper_fra_nord
How does gibson fit into all this? Your mom's name is gibson?

gibson SG...

i dont know i guess she hit the guitar and it fell...

and yeah inapropriate title i gues
Gibson SG 04'
Hm..you'd think that Gibson would get smart and put some quality tuners on their guitars that cost so much...But no. Not only do they rip you off and make you pay for the Gibson name, they give you POS tuners with it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You're lucky the headstock didn't break off knowing Gibsons...
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
I hated those plastic knobed Klusons on the LP Studio I used to have really junky considering I paid $800 in 1993 for it.
I don't get why they don't put some nice Grovers on them or something...even $300 Washburns have Grovers. So do most Epiphones.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Hm..you'd think that Gibson would get smart and put some quality tuners on their guitars that cost so much...But no. Not only do they rip you off and make you pay for the Gibson name, they give you POS tuners with it.

Its because they are trying to give it the vintage look with the tulip style tuners that stick out 8inches and are made of toothpicks and a plastic thingy.

And the dude above me. It shoudl have Grovers, *$200* washburns have em
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Its because they are trying to give it the vintage look with the tulip style tuners that stick out 8inches and are made of toothpicks and a plastic thingy.

And the dude above me. It shoudl have Grovers, *$200* washburns have em

I'd rather have plain ol' non vintage looking Grovers than POS Gibson "vintage" tuners that break if you look at them wrong.

As for the Washburns, I haven't tried any $200 range Washburns lately, so I didn't realise they had Grovers two.

Gibson=pwnt by a $200 Washburn's 1337 7un3rz.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
guess i have to play my ****tee ibanez now... till it get replaced
Gibson SG 04'
I had the same thing happen to me with my SG . Mine was being used by a drunk friend, he swung, and nailed it off a wall thus breaking the tuner [they were some old Grover's in need of replacement, but he didn't kow that]. He offered to buy me some replacements, so I just picked up some of the stock Deluxe Gibson tuner's they put on their SG's... I honestly tune my guitar maybe once every 3-4 days, it barely ever goes out of tune .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
I guess this literaly is a "knock" gibson thread.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I might not own a gibson, in fact i've never even played a gibson (i've played an epiphone though :p) but for saying that they're one of the most famous brands around that they would've had more fans, you all seem to hate gibsons i dont like les pauls as much as some guitars but i still like gibsons all in all, i wouldnt buy one, i'd prefer and esp or something.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I might not own a gibson, in fact i've never even played a gibson (i've played an epiphone though :p) but for saying that they're one of the most famous brands around that they would've had more fans, you all seem to hate gibsons i dont like les pauls as much as some guitars but i still like gibsons all in all, i wouldnt buy one, i'd prefer and esp or something.

we dont hate the guitars that gibson makes. we hate the compnay for being overpricey and selfish bastards. it doesnt take much to produce a quality les paul(look at agile and tokai) but gibson sells them for a fortune. thats why most people hate gibson.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Whhhhhhhhhhhy though? It's so childish to bash a company purely based on the fact you think it's overpriced. Look, you can find good deals. I got my SG for $200 and the only upgrades it needed were some tuners and volume/tone knobs.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
^yeah but you bought it used, not from the company
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
gibson killed JFK...
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by smb
Replace the tuner then get a better stand. Oh, and make your mum pay for it.

Then don't be so stupid again!

What teh ****? They're just tuners.

If you do something like make your mom pay for it.. next time you want some money for the movies you might have to pay for it yourself I'm sure his mother didn't pick his guitar up and throw it, therefore, I'm fairly certain she doesnt/shouldn't have to pay for it. His parents probably bought it for him anyway.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

yah i picked up a gibson lespaul standard and played it for an hour in my store. It just sounded like the basic lespaul sound everyone hears and wants. Im still looking forward with a custom gibson lespaul this winter. Its nothing special its like having a tool and saying to your friends, " i have the legends of all rock'n'roll guitars in my house" I would been proud to have one of those to show how much this guitar made a difference during time. Well anyways lespauls are versatile but still has that "typical" lespaul sound.

I aint hating, but loving.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Gibson Doesnt like you so they hired your mom to push over you guitar

yea
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I don't hate Gibson. I dislike Gibson, but I don't hate Gibson. Their guitars are very overpriced thanks to the name, and they STILL use cheap things-like these tuners for instance.
If something comes on a $200 Washburn, something much better should come on a Gibson. Not something WORSE.

And to the guy who said that the Gibson tuners stay in tune for 3 or so days; So what? My $150 Washburn's tuners stay in tune for a week. And even then they're only off slightly. They aren't anything special, just normal no-name tuners. The tuners on a Gibson SG should be better than the tuners on my $150 Washburn. But you know what? They aren't.

What I don't like about Gibson is that you aren't paying for quality. You're paying for the name.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
my mom pushed over my SG, guitar falls on tuning knob, broken...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this gives your Mom the exscuse to go down to the Gibson factory and suck off Mr Gibson?
^Amen.

genocide: I generally tune my JS once every two weeks, with a couple minor changes during that time. Gotta love the FR.
old_toad: Do you mean Les Paul? Noob.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by Xenn99

Im sure the tuner could break on any guitar if u were a dumbass and dropped it on the floor (not calling threadstarter a dumbass ) Fragile tuners arent a problem if u dont smash them on anything... Im not trying to preach Gibson or anything, but obviously theyre doing something right if they can charge over 2 grand for their guitars and still have people buy them

Not to bash on the threadstarter, but I would think that if u were going to spend $1000+ on a guitar, you would be more careful with it, starting with buying a halfway decent stand..

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.