Ok, In August, I'm getting a Marshall, half stack, All valve, and the main one I'm looking at is the DSL 100.
I've been pointed to it by alot of people, including in guitar shops, 'cus I need a nice, valvey tone that can produce mainly AC/DC classic rock style stuff to the lovely Iron Maiden lead sound, and it seems perfect.
But, what Cabs qould be best suited?

Like, theres the 1960 AC
or the 1960 AV

difference being, AC has Celestion Greenback speakers, and the AC has Celestion Vintage, but which would go best with the amp?
*~* HELL AINT A BAD PLACE TO BE *~*
i'd go for a used jcm 800 really. seeing as it'll sound more vintage for acdc. and madien used the 800's. the dsl would be fine too, although i'd opt for the 50 watt version as it'll be esier to crank.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^I agree.

1st on the list would be a JCM800 , if you can't get one of them, a DSL50 will do you well.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I cant find the JCM 800's though, except from america, and then Ihave to change currency and get it shipped here and everything... its too much hastle
where are you?

jcm 800's should be very abundant in the U.K./all over europe.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by gpderek09
where are you?

jcm 800's should be very abundant in the U.K./all over europe.

Im in england... gloucestershire, but cant find one for less than 700 quid, and the dsl100 seeems to be the perfect price and everything
get an attenuator no matter what, 50 watts tube is effing loud
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by angus_young01
Im in england... gloucestershire, but cant find one for less than 700 quid, and the dsl100 seeems to be the perfect price and everything

I haven't looked recently but I've seen a lot of JCM800's - combos and heads - go for less than 700 on eBay. There's usually quite a plentiful supply on eBay.

*Goes to look now to see if I haven't embarressed myself *

EDIT - check here.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
^ yup, he's wright. you should indeed check ebay.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Oh.

Well, either find one in the local paper or Guitarist magazine, or get the DSL then. I'd go for the Vintage speakers, they're great.
Quote by Danno13
Oh.

Well, either find one in the local paper or Guitarist magazine, or get the DSL then. I'd go for the Vintage speakers, they're great.

AWESOME, thank you

I will Cheers man, I meen the guy in the shop said there isnt that much difference at all, but I was swaying to vintage ones anyway.