Hey Everyone

Can Anyone help me? Im looking at 2 bass guitars and can decide which one to get its a choice between an Ibanez EDA 900 or a Fender Precision Bass, I love the feel of both of them and i really cant decide

Cheers
What sort of style are you playing because both sound quite different.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
I play various, from Thin Lizzy - The Clash - Iron Madien, but the main style i play is metal like Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc. But I also love playing Muse as well
i know maiden uses the p-bass and its sound exentsively (Steve Harris ftw )

im pretty sure muse's bassist used a p-bass or p-bass copy,

again i THINK that out of those metal bands, some or most of them used p-basses.

i dont TOTALLY remember the EDA, but i think it uses luthite or agathis? (aka BAD wood)

which p-bass would you get? (which series: american, mexican etc.)
Sounds to me like you'd be best off with the P-Bass.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
I think possibly the Mexican P-Bass, I was playing one today but i cant remember what model it was, i might go tomorrow and check again, i think id get it in artic white and get a mirror scratch plate (Steve Harris Style!!) cause i do play ALOT of madien, o btw i think Chris Wolstenholme (Muse bassist) has a Jazz bass
hhaha sry about the muse comment, ive only seen one vid of him way back :P

if you get the mexican, i'd upgrade the bridge, and then maybe the tuners, and you'd have a great bass to last you a good while
Quote by Muse-Citizen
I think possibly the Mexican P-Bass, I was playing one today but i cant remember what model it was, i might go tomorrow and check again, i think id get it in artic white and get a mirror scratch plate (Steve Harris Style!!) cause i do play ALOT of madien, o btw i think Chris Wolstenholme (Muse bassist) has a Jazz bass

Yeah the Mexican P-Bass is great, the Fender Standard series is really good value for money.

Yet I'd suggest you make sure that it's what you want before you buy it - when I bought my P-Bass I really didn't know much about basses, and I've subsequently come to the realisation it is probably the most un-versatile bass ever made, yet it's great for what it does. So basically, if it's stuff like Iron Maiden/classic rock you want to play, get the P-Bass.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
So does Phil Lynott and the Clash's bassist. (At least, on the London Calling album cover I'm pretty sure he did.) And yeah, those mexican fenders are actually really good for the money.