Can someone tell me the pros and con's of this guitar? I play mostly metal. Just thought I'd throw that in, it probably has nothing to do with the pros and cons of this guitar but whatever.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Jun 14, 2006,
Do you mean the RG1570?
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

Member of CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 for info or to join

+ =

Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
yes, sorry about that
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
i havent tried one, but i hear it awesome, fast neck, good body wood, and most of all, it has a good trem so you dont have to worry about it dying on you a few years down the road...the only con i can think of is that it doesnt have ****ing awesome sharktooth inlays like most the other RG models..and the fact that i have no idea how to work tune or pla..y with a floyd rose...other than that i think it would be wicked awesome and maybe will buy myself one after i get my strat...how much are they?

EDIT: but im just going by what i have heard...and to threadstarter...whats a Waynes World Strat?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

One con is the pickups aint amazing, apart from that everything those guys said ^^^^
oh yeah i forgot that Ibanez's have ****ty stock pickups sometimes...but with a pickup change, this would be the best guitar ever for a cheap price.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
i havent tried one, but i hear it awesome, fast neck, good body wood, and most of all, it has a good trem so you dont have to worry about it dying on you a few years down the road...the only con i can think of is that it doesnt have ****ing awesome sharktooth inlays like most the other RG models..and the fact that i have no idea how to work tune or pla..y with a floyd rose...other than that i think it would be wicked awesome and maybe will buy myself one after i get my strat...how much are they?

EDIT: but im just going by what i have heard...and to threadstarter...whats a Waynes World Strat?

Its a limited edition stratocaster that squier made. That metal plate thing near the bottom of the neck says Wayne's World on it. I have had it for about 4 years and still know almost nothing about it. I have looked it up online and everything, still nothing. If anyone can help me find info on it it would be greatly appreciated. It was made in Japan and it is white. And an RG1570 is $743 USD, I think. Look it up on musiciansfriend.com.
new pickups is all it would need, best neck in teh business with great access, and best trem in the business Edge Pro
Pickups arent as bad as people make them out to be, although it does need a pickup change, stock pickups will be fine for the average user.

Other than that, there are no cons at all. Best guitar in the Bizz for its price.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Pants99
Its a limited edition stratocaster that squier made. That metal plate thing near the bottom of the neck says Wayne's World on it. I have had it for about 4 years and still know almost nothing about it. I have looked it up online and everything, still nothing. If anyone can help me find info on it it would be greatly appreciated. It was made in Japan and it is white. And an RG1570 is $743 USD, I think. Look it up on musiciansfriend.com.

MIJ squiers tend to be awesome, and impossible to find info on. I have an MIJ Squier hank Marvin sig, plays better than some Custom shop Fenders I've played, and I can't find any solid information on it.

I'd advise you not to sell it if you ever thought about it.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
^ I probably am not going to change the pickups in it for a while (if I get it) but if I would what pups would be good for it? I play stuff like OLD Metallica, Iron Maiden, OLD Megadeth, Slayer, etc. I heard that EMG's are bad with basswood. The RG1570 is basswood right? So should I go with Seymour Duncan's, Dimarzios, or what? And don't just give me a brand name please give me the name specific pickups. Thanks in advance.
Hmm,

I would suggest a Dimarzio ToneZone/Paf pro or Seymour Duncan JB/59 or something like that... The stock pickups are more "neo shred" oriented. Ibanez pickups are generally pretty high output stock.

An upgrade in pickups would definatlely bring more tone out of the body. Invest into new ones.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
i got the guitar. It will be my main guitar for the biss, and my j-custom for its ulitmate back-up lol

Its all good guitar. Its the guitar i will grow up with and make its full potentional and it's more valuable sound (getting a new amp, and will save up for some hot dimarzios for this baby).
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

749 usd
Plus i'd rather have mahogany over basswood-personal thing.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
In general I prefer mahagony over basswood as well, but basswood can be great if used well.

The pickups aren't that great.

Pro's include a great stable trem and HSH setup.
haha
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Pros-

It'll give you hand cramps

Cons-

Its an Ibanez.

You-

Are an idiot
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Pros-

It'll give you hand cramps

Cons-

Its an Ibanez.

Yeh, and then you woke up
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Ok if you want to pay lots of money for basswood and a ****ty tremelo/pickup combo you're more than welcome to. I'll stick with something else for a more reasonable price!

And I hate H/S/H config.

rofl, you fanboys get your panties in a bunch so damn fast its rediculous.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Ok if you want to pay lots of money for basswood and a ****ty tremelo/pickup combo you're more than welcome to. I'll stick with something else for a more reasonable price!

And I hate H/S/H config.

Why the hell are you acting like basswood is somehow an inferior wood? I prefer basswood over all woods... There goes your logic.

The Edge Pro tremolo is fine, although not as good as the Edge, it's still good. The pickups aren't that bad, but do warrant changing, just like any guitar of this price. This makes sense, because the RG series is basically made for customising.

Sounds like you're quite the anti-fanboy on this occasion.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
^To be honest, you can't say that the Edge Pro is a ****ty trem. That's just...out there. Pickups are fair game, and the basswood body opinion is cool.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

And I hate H/S/H config.

We all dont care if you hate HSH emo suckahh!!!! What does it make you ??? FANNNNN-GET?
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.