in a month or two i am buying a marshal super lead 1959 im wondering can it do a slash type tone from his guns n roses era,

if not what can i do to make it more slash like?

chears for the help.
It may seem like an obvious answer, but try it out and see if you can get that type of tone.

You'll probably need an attenuator or something too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yes. marshall tone is, for the most part, marshall tone.

really, slash used

a modded 2203 vibrato head that was hot rodded. the vibrato taken out, and an extra gain stage or 2 added. so, technically, it's an old marshall JTM with more gain. and that will sound strikingly like a plexi.

after than album he used jubalee's. or how ever they're spelt. now he usues jcm 800 2203's, jubalees, and his sig jubalee head.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I don't think the marshall plexi is quite heavy enough for a slash type tone. The JCM800 is closer to his sound but if your hearts set o the plexi get a tube screamer or somethin similar to boost it.
Slash uses Plexi's nowadays. Or he uses a Jubilee+ Plexi+ 2203 into one cab.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if you get a plexi with the so called 'billie joe mod' it'll get his type of sounds with the right pickups.
Quote by spuime4c1es
if you get a plexi with the so called 'billie joe mod' it'll get his type of sounds with the right pickups.

a Marshall does not deserve a "billie joe mod" name attached to it :S
people have been modding them and adding in more gain stages ever since the 70s and 80s when Eddie Van Halen started spreading rumours that his one was modified (and this lead to many good amps being destroyed by bad sounding mods)...when today its generally accepted that it was stock (just cranked to 10 )
its a modified marshall plexi.
erm.. i think it was Bob Bradshaw who originally modded it for Green Day and thats how it got its name.
but it is quite pricey as far as i know. duh

but yeah, Jerry Finn used them on the past two A.F.I. CDs.
(Sing The Sorrow/DecemberUngerground, also mixed with about 30% rectifiers)

^ all that info is in the new guitar world if you are intrested. and there is more on the Net.
i think i originally heard about it last year on the HC forums.
Quote by seljer
a Marshall does not deserve a "billie joe mod" name attached to it :S
people have been modding them and adding in more gain stages ever since the 70s and 80s when Eddie Van Halen started spreading rumours that his one was modified (and this lead to many good amps being destroyed by bad sounding mods)...when today its generally accepted that it was stock (just cranked to 10 )

haha i know what you mean, but hey, if thats what its called i decided i'd just kinda use that name.

*gets all emotional*
One day i will have people to hot rod marshalls for me and bowing down at my feet, one day.. one day...

lol.
Last edited by spuime4c1es at Jun 28, 2006,
Yes it'll do Slash just fine. Just don't forget to have a sweet overdrive.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
You might want to invest in an overdrive pedal (perhaps an Ibanez TS808 or Maxon OD808) to get those kind of tones out of your amp.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join