Page 1 of 3
So what mistakes do you know of or have heard in recorded songs?

I know of two. In Metallica's Creeping Death during the solo, Kirk makes this weird "beep" sound. There is another one but I can't remember!
A few times in eruption
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
im not sure if its a mistake or if it was on purpose, but in Brain Stew by Green Day tre' cool misses the crash cymbal at the end of one of the riffs. its around 1:42 i think
Quote by Megatallica

I know of two. In Metallica's Creeping Death during the solo, Kirk makes this weird "beep" sound. There is another one but I can't remember!

i listened to it but i never heard the beep. around what time is it?
Paul Gilbert in Mr. Big - To Be With you solo, playing behind the beat, they kept it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Shawn Lane ****s up on the live version of Grey Pianos Flying.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I've got a copy of Hotel California on my comp and towards the end of the solo there's a little bleep and then what sounds like a cough, which is a bit odd with the rest of the record being so polished. Maybe it's just from it being copied to the computer that's done that?

The bleep noise is at 5.57/5.58 and the cough a few seconds after at 6.05/6.06 if anybody feels like checking.
« »
Smash by The Offspring is full of mistakes.

At the end of Something to Believe in, you can hear someone say something.
At the beginning of what happened to you, you can hear a band member talking.
A lot more too.
Quote by Megatallica

Maybe that is only your copy of the CD, was it burned/scratched? I don't know, I don't have the song with me now.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
In the intro of Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd you can hear David Gilmour sniff/cough two times.
Quote by bal25
In the intro of Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd you can hear David Gilmour sniff/cough two times.

From what i beleive, it was obviously wanted that way.
At the end of one of Bowie's songs (Ziggy Stardust I think... not sure) at the end, you can hear a phone ring if you turn it up.
Also, Good Riddance by Green Day- he plays the intro twice instead of once. You can hear Billie curse... tut tut!
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song - How the West Was Won
51 seconds into it, Page make a squeek like a pinch harmonic, but it doesn't sound like it was on purpose, since it never happens again with the main riff (I think).
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
in good times by finger eleven, during the recording the singer severly bit his tongue and you can sort of tell when, but i forgot. check their site for details
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
If I recall correctly, in the Master of Puppets solo, during one of Kirks' bends, he accidentally goes over the fretboard, leaving a sour note. Of course, I could be remebering wrong, or it could have been live. :P
^No, that's correct.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Some of Slash's bends are out of tune in "Since I Don't Have You" apparently.

I wouldn't have known if I hadm't been told.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by bal25

It's actually Roger Waters, he coughed. After that, he smoked 200 cigarettes and then gave up smoking.

There's some useless information for you.
In Let it Be the piano stuffs up very obviously.

2:59, wrong chord.
Last edited by Goon at Jun 16, 2006,
On the Kerrang cover disc that had all the covers for Master of Puppets on, Funeral For a Friend's cover of "Damage Inc." was awful. The riff was all wrong. Totally shambolic.
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
hoobastank -the reason/ the guy says the weason
electric six-high voltage/ guy says when we kutch when we kiss instead of when we touch
Quote by Burpin'Worm
he bleep noise is at 5.57/5.58 and the cough a few seconds after at 6.05/6.06 if anybody feels like checking.

Not on either of my versions.

Quote by Goon
In Let it Be the piano stuffs up very obviously.

2:59, wrong chord.

I can't believe I've never noticed that before...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
not an instrumental mistake..

but at one point in the Smashing Pumpkin's "Daydream" I swear you can hear a door opening in the background.
At the beginning of the second Mr. Crowley solo on Tribute, Randy messes up some of the triplets. Used to bug the hell out of me.
In the Raconteur's acoustic version of Steady, As She Goes, Jack and whoever the other singer is both start laughing at one point about 3/4 of the way through the song.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
In "White Moon" from the White Stripes newest album, you can clearly hear Meg's rack of bells fall over.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
on Elf Tower New Mexico by coheed and cambria, at 2:23 theres some random Picollo snare hit, and its not quiet, its really loud, and doesn't happen again (the only other time i hear a sorta picollo snarish sound is in the intro). Claudio also says 'Power' instead of tower in the intro. meh.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Megatallica
Cory Taylor tried to sing.
Quote by <><
Cory Taylor tried to sing.

i thought he wasn't too bad, especially in stone sour.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by <><
Oops...I meant 'scream'

I should have made that one more clear

good call

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by dain84
Smash by The Offspring is full of mistakes.

At the end of Something to Believe in, you can hear someone say something.
At the beginning of what happened to you, you can hear a band member talking.
A lot more too.
They're not mistakes. Stuff like that gets left on, mainly by punk bands. The Offspring do it a lot more than just on 'Smash', for example on 'All I Want' from 'Ixnay on the Hombre'. And tons more bands have that kind of thing, Engerica, Thursday...

There are plenty of mistakes on The Bronx's s/t, but that's because they recorded the songs as live takes, and left the fuck-ups in. Sounds better that way. Less manufactured and more raw. I don't think they did that for the new album though.
In Little Sister by QOTSA, they recorded it live.

Josh himself doesn't know what he played for one part of the solo ("some open 'boink' or something"), and can't play it again.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
When you listen to Dirge For November by Opeth, at one point if you listen closely during a sortof breakdown thing it sounds like you can hear a dog barking:P
Two for Zeppelin-

Since I Been Loving You- Through out the song you can hear a squeeze just about the time you hear the bass drum being hit, it's because the bass pedal was squeeky.

The Ocean- First solo, you can hear a telephone ring.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
I don't know if this is a mistake or not. But in Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes, they forgot to put the solo in, but they replaced it with some stupid-ass tape track thing. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it sucked, so I think it was a mistake.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
there are constant mistakes and blips everywhere. luckily for me, since my favorite band is the beatles, everything they did is incredibly well documented. one of the funniest mistakes, and absurd because they could have just done another damn take, is the song "I'll Get You". There are parts where John and Paul blatantly sing two different lines over each other.

"when i'm gonna change your mind"
"when i'm gonna make you mine"
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Page 1 of 3