I cant seem to get the distortion i want out of the UK 70's amp model on my ad50 but there isnt even and overdrive effect on teh amp so i was wondering if you guys knew how to get a good classic rock tone out of teh amp and if not should i buy a distortion or overdrive pedal and which 1 for a good classic rock tone
no price range im just looking for options
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
I got a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and I love it. Tough, reliable and good tones. Even if u find some settings on your amp that work, the pedal is still good for that something extra. Its only about 40 bucks too.
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
I was gonna say just turn your amp up really loud till it distorts but... as a standalone pedal, the zakk wylde pedal gets good soft distortion, and if you have another distortion pedal or overdrive with it, it'll scream.
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
why worry about that? They'd surrender immediatly.
Digitech Hot ROd Distonrtion is a good "rock" pedal. And aren't distortion and overdrive basically the same thing?
^no no no

Please just search this topic, theres about 100 threads like this.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!