i just bought a russian made one a week ago or so and i was curious what the difference is between them
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
ok im sorry dude but that thing in your sig is absolutely hillarious
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Russian Big Muffs are usual better on bass then guitar, the American one is more trebley you see.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
but its not lower quality or anything?
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Not really lower quality but different. Matt Bellamy from muse prefers the russian ones, i think carlos santana used one also for the sustain
Quote by Jonny02
Not really lower quality but different. Matt Bellamy from muse prefers the russian ones, i think carlos santana used one also for the sustain

Matt doesn't use Big Muffs anyone, he uses built-in Zvex Fuzz Factorys or his Diezel VH4's distortion(that amp might change on this tour though).

The Russian one is a bit more plasticy I think, and doesn't have a DC plug... I think...
I used to own a USA Muff, and now I own a Russian Muff.

The USA one was a bit brittle sounding, and way, way too over the top.

The Russian one, to me, is a lot nicer sounding, has a better tone to it, and is a lot more tweakable.

But... the Russian one doesn't have a DC thingy...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Speaking of RHCP, John Frusciante uses a US Big Muff...*checks*... yep, and the Zvex I mentioned before... I did not know that...
Yea, but I manage to get a pretty damn close Fru sound with my Russian Muff, they're probably not all that different anyway.

And John doesn't use his Fuzz Factory much anymore.
Don't be afraid to care"

Last edited by R_H_C_P at Jun 15, 2006,
Yea... I said that *looks around*
Don't be afraid to care"

I'm sorry that I'm posting in something that I have no clue about because I have never used either Big Muffs but....

Aren't Russians supposed to be famous for their umm... *cough* hair growth?
hey does anyone know if its possible, and how much it would cost, to get a DC plug thing installed in the russian muff?
Quote by ToolBass_dude
^I'm sure there'd be a mod for it, I wanna' do that to my Russian Muff actually...
Don't be afraid to care"

I got a Russian one just bought a cable with a batterie clip on. works fine.
go cowboys