hi i was just wondering what kind of sound will i get from an ibanez tube screamer? i was looking at the ts-808. i want to use it with my fender hot rod deluxe cos the drive in thats a bit ****. bear in mind i dont really know much about guitar
depends how u use it, if u put it on top of ure tube distortion it'll give u a flaming classic rock/blues tone but on its own itll give u a softish light blues distortion, not really much good for metal or anything particularly heavy unless u use it on top of another distortion pedal.

However, if u want the ts808 i suggest u get the 60 quid ts9 and then the 8.99 mod kit from ebay. Itll save u a **** load.
i have a TS9DX TURBO TUBE SCREAMER and i must say i'm quite disapointed with it

the distortion is pretty weak and you can barely hear it even when its on max. my frigin fender frontman 25R has better gain then the pedal... and its a damn expensive pedal too (i got a BC rich platinum pro with stock rythm pickup and an EM81)

what type of effect are you looking for and for what type of music?
Quote by JanB

the distortion is pretty weak and you can barely hear it even when its on max. my frigin fender frontman 25R has better gain then the pedal... and its a damn expensive pedal too (i got a BC rich platinum pro with stock rythm pickup and an EM81)

thats coz its not a distortion pedal u fool its an overdrive :P
i play a bit of everything. i wasnt sure if the tubescreamer was for blues or not. i can get a pretty good blues and classic rock tone already but have you got any more suggestions for a pedal that i could use for metal?
digitech metal master all the way if u want metal. However, nothing will ever beat a real metal amp distortion like a peavey 5150 with an overdrive (kirk hammet uses the ts808) on top. I have the metal master and i love what it does for the price but sometimes it doesnt quite cut it tonewise.

Guess ill have to go pay a ludicrous amount for a peavey JSX
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Jun 14, 2006,
thanks. have you got any other suggestions cos im going into london tomorrow and im gona try a load out
Quote by JanB

Tubescreamers are used to mildly boost an already overdriven TUBE amp, not for crazy heavy distortion metal action.

I bet your guitar sounds out of whack with an active pickup and a passive pickup at the same time .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by stratrocker
thanks. have you got any other suggestions cos im going into london tomorrow and im gona try a load out

well theres the AMT metalizer, which i havent heard but the demo's are pretty sweet and theres some danelectro metal pedal, liquid metal or something, might be worth checkin out?

Make sure u atleast consider getting an EQ pedal also if ure playing metal coz it allows u massive control over ure distortion, the standard boss EQ would be enough but it just gives u a level of control over ure sound that u cant get with just ure amp.

Good luck tommorow anyways.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Jun 14, 2006,