well, i was coming back from work and i saw this music pawn shop by accident, so i decided to peak in there to see what they have. And they had an Ibanez ex series, they sold that for $199 and they had a Yamaha (i dunno what) which was like $299.

But what got my most attention was a Jackson (didn't know the model), but they had it on for $399 and the guy said he could reduce it to $299. This guitar was clean, no scratches, nothing. It had a whammy bar, and bridge humbucker and 2 single coils. I might go there tomorrow to check it out, but what do u guys think about that guitar, and how much would it usually sell for when they're new?? I might try to get it down to a lower price, but i just wanna know how to approach this...

All help/recommendations will be highly appreciated. Because i was looking to buy either a Jackson or a Schechter to have a faster neck for soloing/shredding, cuz right now i own a mexican fender double fat stratocaster. So also give me advice on whether to do a Schechter or a Jackson as well, but as of now i'm really leaning to that Jackson i saw today.

THANKS in advance guys
Go on musiciansfriend and look up Jackson guitars. There's no way for any of us to possibly know what guitar you're talking about. Look up Jackson guitars, find the one you saw, then post a link for us to see it. Then we can give you more info.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeah thatll be a huge factor on the price
schecters and esps are both good shred guitars
well, i think it looked like the SL1 Soloist or the Jackson DK2 Dink. It had a Floyd Rose tremolo. The guitar had like a wood-ish color, but kind of a burst, it had a really cool paint tho.

Cuz on the guitar itself there was no way for me to identify what model it was. For all you Jackson people, do u know how am i supposed to tell what model it is so i would be able to know next time i go there?

links of what i found that looked most like the guitar
-DK2 http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911000533

-SL1 Soloist http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803070885

Thats what the guitar looked most like, ofcourse, i'm not sure which one specifically. I looked it up on musiciansfreind and the DK2's run from 650-900's, so my guess is its the DK2, and if he's giving me 299$ on it, thats a pretty good price, no?

EDIT: I remember the guitar said on the on backside of the fretboard that it was "Made in India".
Last edited by pinholes89 at Jun 14, 2006,
0.o india? Whats that? lol i dunno just playing....

Anyways check out the floydrose, i seriously wouldnt reccomend it tho cuz i dunno about india???

It must be a Original Floyd rose. check out floydrose.com thats how they look like.....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
well, it was a jackson and i'm almost positive it had an original floyd rose pickup. i'm not sure if the "made in india" thing was on theat guitar or on one of the other ones. All my memory is just clashing together, i wasn't out looking for a guitar fully prepared, so yea.

If it was "made in india" tho would that be a problem, jackson are usually made in USA?

UGers, i seek your guidance, lol...
Floyd doesn't make pickups dude, they make trems.
EDIT: I stand corrected, they do make pickups, I didn't know that.
Last edited by El Codyo at Jun 14, 2006,
Made in India you say? If so its a Jackson JS series. Probably a dinky. Your saving money, just not that much. Js is Jac kson's bottom end.
where do the Jackson guitars usually have the model numbers?

so i can check what model number it is tomorrow...

I mean, normally, where would Jackson guitars be made in
Teh Jackson masterer is here. If it really said 'Made In India' then it was a JS series. In other words anything over $20 is a ripoff. But if it had an OFR then chances are that it's a USA Series (or the previous owner swapped out the LFR). If it is a USA Jackson, i'd buy it at that price if it were in any condition. And most Jacksons are made in Japan. Good ones in USA, bad ones in India.
Quote by sexy-man
yeah thatll be a huge factor on the price
schecters and esps are both good shred guitars

Schecter isn't faster than a fender streat
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Sn^ke
Teh Jackson masterer is here. If it really said 'Made In India' then it was a JS series. In other words anything over $20 is a ripoff. But if it had an OFR then chances are that it's a USA Series (or the previous owner swapped out the LFR). If it is a USA Jackson, i'd buy it at that price if it were in any condition. And most Jacksons are made in Japan. Good ones in USA, bad ones in India.

so, if its a Japanese Jackson would that be worth the buy??

If its Indian made, then i'll just not buy it...

i'll be there tomorrow, check the serial number, check the guitar, play it, see what model it is, and make sure about exactly what it was, because it doesn't look like a JS series cuz it had a Floyd Rose bridge. I dunno, i'll see by tomorrow.
^JS Series Jacksons have dot inlays. That's the most obvious giveaway. If it's Japanese it could be worth the money. Some Jap ones like the RR5 are amazing quality, and cost a lot more, while others like the DK2 cost about that much anyway.

If the trem looks like this one then buy it.

A better pic of the logo.

Quote by Sn^ke
^JS Series Jacksons have dot inlays. That's the most obvious giveaway. If it's Japanese it could be worth the money. Some Jap ones like the RR5 are amazing quality, and cost a lot more, while others like the DK2 cost about that much anyway.

If the trem looks like this one then buy it.

A better pic of the logo.

dude, thanks a crapload, i'll be sure to check for all that stuff tomorrow.

I'll get back to this thread on whether its American or Indian or if its worth anything at all.