ok well a me and a couple of friends are gunna go see brand new
on the 14th up here in boise and we cant be out that late we have to
be home by like 1 am and the show starts at like 9 pm
so if any of you have gone to one of brand news show
can you give me an estimate of how long the show will last
colour revolt and pistolita will be playing with them.
Originally posted by POTSIE023
No, don't use wax, too expensive. Use your own....love juice.
How old are you?

Grow a pair and stay out till it ends.

It's not worth missing any of Brand New.
astronaut makes a good piont stay till it ends who cares what are your parents going to do it the summer
Tell your parents you got mugged on the way back home...duh
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
Tell your parents you got mugged on the way back home...duh

Hell yeah, that's the plan to end all plans. Not only do you get to watch all of Brand New, but you get your parents to claim on the insurance for a load of new electrical gadgets that got "stolen" from you in the attack... Wahey!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
They will probably start late. But if you are lucky, Jesse will be completely wasted and pass out an hour in and you'll make curfew.

And then you can sue Brand New the way Creed's fans sued them. Did the fans win?
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
And then you can sue Brand New the way Creed's fans sued them. Did the fans win?

There are Creed fans?

Quote by ghettohippygrrl
They will probably start late. But if you are lucky, Jesse will be completely wasted and pass out an hour in and you'll make curfew.

I didn't recognise you with your new sig / avatar

I remember reading about that whole Creed thing... I'm going to do a bit of research and see if the fans won or not.

They failed, thank God. Then a bit after a load of Limp Bizkit fans sued Durst because he walked off after 17 minutes

Quote by Alex Petridis, The Guardian
On the other hand, however, it sets a frankly terrifying precedent. If the lawsuit is successful, where will it lead? Every band has their off nights - will any dissatisfied fan then go rushing to court? Who will decide what constitutes a substandard show? How? And will the Vines spend the rest of their lives being hauled before a succession of judges?

The whole notion of audiences suing bands is predicated on the old cliche that the customer is always right. But in rock and pop music, that is simply not true: the customer is frequently cloth-eared and obdurate. The evidence is all around us. Cowed by tumbling sales figures and declining profits, the music industry has become so reactive to public opinion that it is having a detrimental effect upon the music it produces. In 2003, no self-respecting big label would think of launching a pop act without recourse to market research. And artists get only one shot at success. If a band's debut album fails to sell enough copies, they are almost guaranteed to lose their record deal.

If the same logic had been applied in the early 1980s, U2 would have been dropped after their disappointing second album. Rock history is filled with bands that failed to please the public during their own lifetimes, yet proved to be vastly influential.

Quote by the_astronaut
There are Creed fans?

and Limp Bizkit fans as well, apparently!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Just go, and if it finishes later than you want and you're worried about what your parents will say, phone them and tell them it finished late. At that point there's nothing they can do, you've been responsible enough to phone them and tell them you're going to be late, and you've also told them you're alright as you've been able to talk to them on the phone. They may have a go at you when you get back, but just act like you really didn't know it was going to finish as late as it will.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Just tell your parents that the show finished later than you expected and come home late. Who gives what they do if you're home late? So they ground you... well you saw the whole ****ing Brand New show! Brand New is worth being grounded for a month in my opinion.
most bands dont play more than an hour - hour half so youll be reet.
just go

to hell with parents and their stupid rules.

my parents have got past the point of trying.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
^ badass

if you're parents know you're ok by the time the show ends and that you're coming home and you'll be alright, i don't see the problem. it's only if it ends late and you can't get home (DAMN EUSTON TRAINS, DAMN THEM TO HELL!!), but i'm assuming you can drive.
rites of nothing.
wait a minute... Brand New didn't play a show on the 14th
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
wait a minute... Brand New didn't play a show on the 14th

Beauty Supreme

Oh sorry he meant in July......seems kind of early to be worrying about Having to stay out too late, especially in the middle of the summer, must be really excited or something. He gave the impression that he would be going soon. Sorry bout that.
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Jun 18, 2006,
Dude it's Brand New...and it's summer. Just do whatever the **** you want. You're a human being and chances are you earned the right to stay out as long you want. You pretty much owe it to yourself.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
If your parents give you **** just tell them your not goin home because you paid for the ticket and you shouldn't have to waste your money by not seeing them all. ALso grow a pair...
please.... can somebody on this earth agree with me that brand new is atleast a tad overrated? i mean sure, deja entendu was great and i never actually got the whole "you favorite weapon" cd but im sure it was great but come on, all this hype is kind of crazyy.
i think the hype comes from the wait between albums.
the last one was so amazing that the hype basically builds itself
Are they pure Awesomeness?
Yes.

Are They Gods?
in some religions I bet they are.

Have they earned this hype?
yep.

Will they follow through and prove the hype was worth it?
They better or I may knife someone.

Do they have two threads up right next to each other on this page?
They sure do

Is that nesessary?
Eff no.
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Jun 18, 2006,
Quote by stratstrummer40
please.... can somebody on this earth agree with me that brand new is atleast a tad overrated? i mean sure, deja entendu was great and i never actually got the whole "you favorite weapon" cd but im sure it was great but come on, all this hype is kind of crazyy.

yes
Beauty Supreme

Quote by stratstrummer40

May you be smited to the depths of hell.
But not really.
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
Quote by stratstrummer40

They are only overrated if you care what other people think. Oooh, gotcha. Be an independent thinker, geeeeez!
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam