OOOOOOKAY! So I need to upgrade my amp. I asked a few of my guitarist friends and one is all for Randalls, and another was talking to me about Mesas and Kranks. My price range should be around 1400 tops (for both the amp and the cab). I might be able to go a little higher. So if you can't really tell, of course I'm going for the metal style here. Oh and by the way... I'm not really looking for the Peavey... I know the 6150 is sweet, so don't worry about tellin me about it haha.
Founder of Baer Guitars - Free lessons in an unconventional style to promote creativity.
Composer
Teacher
Guitarist
well i doubt you will get a krank or mesa for 1400 so id go for randalls cause even the cheaper ones sound decent so at you price range it should kick ass.
I play mostly metal and southern rock stuff... I play a jackson DKMG with EMG-HZ's... I think I'm changing the EMG's to DiMarzio Evo's soon here, though.
Founder of Baer Guitars - Free lessons in an unconventional style to promote creativity.
Composer
Teacher
Guitarist
Quote by TJM2482
What type of music do you like?

What guitar do you play?

read his post. he likes metal. Randall would probablu be your best bet in that price range. Scott Ian uses them, they cant be that bad
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Won't find a mesa in the price range new...possibly used, but it would still be pushing it. A used single recto with an avatar cab?

You might be able to pick up a used mesa combo for the price, maybe new.....

Maybe Carvin would be the way to go for you. The V3.......
Honestly I'd say the 5150 (6505 whatever) would be the way to go, I don't know why you don't want one. THey're tone isn't for everyone but after playing one for nearly two hours and still amazed you can get some awesome tones. Not to mention they're cheap (used.)
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Okay thanks for all of that. I started to consider a 5150 (6505) that my friend is selling soon. He's sellin me his cab (2x12) for $275... vintage 30's... And he was talking about selling his 5150 for $600, granted it needs new tubes. Does that sound like a decent deal (for the 5150... I know the cab's a good deal).
Composer
Teacher
Guitarist
bump... is that a good deal?
Composer
Teacher
Guitarist