i bought an ltd ex-50 today as a backup guitar. my main guitar is my gibson flying v. i got the ex-50 just for fun because i like to look of it, and i am painting it lime green tommorow at the autobody shop i work at. if you are familiar with the band atreyu, it will look just like dan's green EX. i wanted to change out the stock pickups to make it sound just a tad better. i was wondering whether to put an invader or a dimebucker in the bridge? dont say EMGs because i have those in my V and want to try something new. im putting a seymour duncan jazz pickup in the neck for clean tones.

so invader or dimebucker?

and if you say just get a new guitar, you are a worthless douchebag
Gear
White Gibson Flying V with EMG-81/85
Lime Green LTD EX-50
Line 6 Spider II Head
Marshall MG412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Monster Cables
Last edited by slashshredder07 at Jun 14, 2006,
It's douchebag, douchebag.
Neither. They're both shoddy pickups, in my opinion. If you're going to be playing metal/metalcore/hard rock/nu metal or anything with lots of gain, you should try the DiMarzio X2N. I see that you have a digital setup, and the X2N just screams when it's played through a tube head (such as my Laney) but it'll still sound most excellent through your Spider II. That, or the DiMarzio Evolution, Tone Zone or Super Distortion. The last three (Evo, TZ, SD) have much more versitility than the X2N, if that's what you want. Go to the DiMarzio site and use their pickup finder. It may help you bunches.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
dont get the dimebucker unless you like REALLY trebley sound. i dont know about the other pickup.
i used to have superdistortions in my sg that got stolen at a gig
im not going to be using any clean tones with the bridge, thats why im getting that jazz pickup
how much does the X2N cost?
Gear
White Gibson Flying V with EMG-81/85
Lime Green LTD EX-50
Line 6 Spider II Head
Marshall MG412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Monster Cables