I mainly play electric guitar, but i have decided to purchase an acoustic so that i can diversify the types of music me and the jam band i play in can perform. I'm looking for a guitar that is quality, but a good value. In other words, i want a guitar that plays/sounds good without considering binding or any other aesthetic extras that only raise the price. Since fender usually has a good price to quality ratio in my opinion, i've become interested in these two guitars: http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm Fender JG-26SCE and
http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm Fender® GDC100 SCE Concert
I like the florentine style with a cutaway.

What do you think of each guitar? I the JG worth the extra money? My price range is 400 to 600 american dollars. Do you guys have an other comparable or better suggestions for different acoustics that i should try out when i go guitar shopping?
well, i personally haven't played any fender acoustics, but i've heard nothing but bad things about them.. but like i said i haven't played any so i wouldn't really know.

but what i do know is that the yamaha FG series is pretty good, and the takamine G series.

also check out seagull (the S6 in particular)
yeah the FG series is great

i have a Yamaha FG750S and it kicks ass. cost me $400
whoa bbsbass! ur the only other guy on this forum with the FG750s!

Crosstowntrafic, now we all know fender makes great electrics. But their acoustics really don't measure up to the companies that specialize in only acoustics. Check the "Guitar for under $300" thread up at the top of this forum for a good start for quality acoustic guitars
check out some martins

they rock and sound like heaven

trust me, your not just paying for the name
www.myspace.com/hijackedtheband
Quote by jtgpurplelover
check out some martins

they rock and sound like heaven

trust me, your not just paying for the name

martin for 400-600.... don't do that
fender for 1-1000... don't do that either
Quote by jimtaka
martin for 400-600.... don't do that
fender for 1-1000... don't do that either

Fender acoustic....yes, I would buy an American Strat.

For the $400-600 range, I would look at the Washburn EA20 (thin body acoustic with good electronics), the Seagull S6+, And the Alvarez MD60. The last two don't have electronics, but it is easy to mic them, or to add electronics to them later. They all will be close to your price range. The best advice though, is to go to your local shop, and play whatever guitars you find in your price range there. If you can't find one you like, go to another shop! Just shop around first, and before you buy an acoustic guitar that has the names Ibanez or Fender in it, play some other brands for the same price first, and you should hear a big difference.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.