so im about to wire up a tele ive been building... the schems say i need a .022 capacitor, and i got one. so does it matter which finger attaches to the pot and which goes to ground? looking at it, i dont see any like... positive and negative end or anything... so i assume it doesnt matter? just one end to the pot, and one end to ground?

(reference to this: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/1hum_1vol_1tone.html )
Yep, it's bipolar.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah, as long as it's not an electrolytic (looks like a canister, or a cylinder), it doesn't matter how you connect it.
^Or a tantalum.
Those look like little blobs basically.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^Or a tantalum.
Those look like little blobs basically.

never come across them tbh. or heard of them. if its these

then i always thought they were diodes
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i think the blob'esque ones he's talking about are the disc looking things, everything else i would call a canister, cylender, or rectangle
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
the discs are actually ceramics, tantalum kinda looks like discs... but they're more blobby (though some are also boxxy)
the one i got was a little green rectangle.

side question... how would you go about grounding a wire? someone said just fan out the little wires and pinch it underneath the bridge between the bridge and the body... but that doesnt sound very efficient. i have a little crimp connector thing that i was just going to attach a wire to and screw onto the bridge, but then its visible and i think it would be pretty ugly. the other end i was gonna attach to the back of a pot. how is it usually done?
The little green boxes, any way. And the bridge grounding wire can be sandwiched between the bridge and the body, it's efficient enough. The bridge ground isn't THAT important, your guitar isn't gonna die if it's disconnected or something. Just make sure it's in there pretty tight.
These go to eleven...
actually for grounding just make sure the signal eventually goes back to the jack were the ground is by connecting wires to pots and etc..
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by IndieMetalhead
never come across them tbh. or heard of them. if its these

then i always thought they were diodes

They are surface mount capacitors (I'm guessing by them saying "Low ESR."

And for anybody looking into capacitor types: avoid tantlum like the plague. I tried some in an amp the other day and it gave me the harshest top end I've ever heard. Utterly disgusting, I'm sticking to electrolytics for high value applications.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details