the bridge humbucker on my epi les paul isnt working
should i have this checked out at a shop?
send it to epiphone under warrenty ?
is there anything i can do on my own(im a noob)?
might just be the switch. epi switches arent the best.

how long did u have it for? is it new?

if not it might just be a $15 switch plus labor. or just the cost of the switch if u know how to solder.

could also be a loose wire, that the contact to the switch is loose.
so if ur the do it urself type, open it and see.

sometimes blowing compressed air into the switch hole, while u flick it, will clear a dirty switch.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah its the probably the wiring on it. Epi is infamous for it's faulty wiring on its lower models. Just take it to your local shop and tell the guy whats up with it and to check out the wiring. Same thing happened with my starter epi les paul special II. Its pretty expensive tho. Just dont do it yourself...youll probably screw it up and it voids the warranty.
Quote by jj1565
might just be the switch. epi switches arent the best.

how long did u have it for? is it new?

if not it might just be a $15 switch plus labor. or just the cost of the switch if u know how to solder.

could also be a loose wire, that the contact to the switch is loose.
so if ur the do it urself type, open it and see.

sometimes blowing compressed air into the switch hole, while u flick it, will clear a dirty switch.

ive only had it since last saturday and i bought new
i dont know the neck pu works fine and when i flip them both on the neck works by itself so maybe i really dont know that much yet about guitars so i think ill take it to the shop and see what happens
Quote by o_effing_plud
Yeah its the probably the wiring on it. Epi is infamous for it's faulty wiring on its lower models. Just take it to your local shop and tell the guy whats up with it and to check out the wiring. Same thing happened with my starter epi les paul special II. Its pretty expensive tho. Just dont do it yourself...youll probably screw it up and it voids the warranty.

its the lp standard so its not one of the mid models but this is still probably the problem thanks i wasnt really sure what to do
its not hard to do these things urself.

but as its new, u need to just take it back and have them open it up for u. good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

sorry to bring this back up but
i tried blowing air into the switch cus i cant get to my grandpas air compressor right now and when i do this it will work for about 2-5minutes if i use the air compressor might it work better and stay working longer
Quote by o_effing_plud

Epiphone are notorious for substandard wiring and electronics in general. Wire, switches, pickups, pots, and the actual soldering work itself are all substandard. I guess that's what you get when your guitars are assembled by Chinese children. :P

Just take it back to the shop you bought it from. It should be covered under the warranty. If you mess with the wiring yourself and mess it up worse, you will void your warranty.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by spaminator101
sorry to bring this back up but
i tried blowing air into the switch cus i cant get to my grandpas air compressor right now and when i do this it will work for about 2-5minutes if i use the air compressor might it work better and stay working longer

if blowing out the switch works, even for a few minutes, that means ur not getting a good contact on the switch, and any dirt at all is preventing the connection.

it might even be that the little metal part needs to be bent closer, for it to work.

either way, its new so, at least u know what the problem is. bring it back and let them sort it out.

its not a big deal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok the guitar after blowing it out again has worked for over an hour now so im just gonna leave it and if anything else happens ill take it cus its almost a 45 minute drive to where i got it
just buy a can of switch lube. does the job for me. just make sure you get one with a nozzle on it.