i have a locking tremolo. my low E string just broke. i have not touched anything at all after it broke, because i know tremolo systems can easily get out of whack. can i go to the store tomorrow, buy a new set of strings, and just change out the E string only?

i know to keep it the same gauge as what i am using right now (10). thanks.
Damn, dude, how do you break a low E?
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Yea u dont have to change any of them other than the one u broke but u will have to tune it several times and stretch the string to get it back to normal. Its a bitch trust me but its one of the only down falls of having a floyd rose.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
He could have broke the inside string and then the string unwound itself. that's what happened to me once. I'd say just replace all the strings. I have a floyd rose tremolo on my Ibanez.
Is tuneing a flyod really that hard? Serioulsy kids. It takes 3 minutes. Just buy the game guage string, put it on, and tighten it till the trem is where it used to be. Use the finetuners for any stretch.
lol, my low (assuming when you say low you mean the smart way) was the first string i broke ever. I was just like, wtf? because I didn't think it could break.

and that was when i started, i play much harder/heavier now than i did then

i havent broken any string in a few months lol..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

If the string broke at the bridge perfectly, you can try to cut the rough ends, then you will be able to pull it back to the string locker assuming that you have some extra length wounded on your tuning post. Thats the cheapest way, you dont need to buy anything or go anywhere.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
well at the place i go they sell individual strings for like a buck. why waste money buying a whole new set? but then again strings arent really expensive...
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112