when they do not create the sounds of a regular whammy bar. Like i have a dodgy squier strat and it has what i assume to be a tremolo bar but it does not do anything. Maybe its for looks im not sure, im just wondering why?? Or am i missing something here lol
A whammy bar is another name for a tremelo bar.

they = same thing.
he prolly doesnt know how to use it hes prolly just turning it like some people that never used them before do, you have to push it into the guitar or pull up on it so it changes the string tension, not turn it in circles
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
Probably not pressing down on it enough. Or maybe try pressing down when its parallel to the strings, and the end of the bar is pointing towards the headstock?
do you need some sort of pedal. i was told by a friend of mine that you need one to opearte it. im a rookie when it comes to a tremolo bar so i was just wondering how you go about using it.
you screw it into the little hole rthen put it in a pisition where the end is facing the direction of the little pegs called tuners, then push down
Quote by lordsatch
do you need some sort of pedal. i was told by a friend of mine that you need one to opearte it. im a rookie when it comes to a tremolo bar so i was just wondering how you go about using it.

you know your freind is retarded right? good now we got that down we should talk about how much of a moron you are, down be scared to push it down its not gonna ruin your squier anymore push it down so the back peice comes up an if you still cant do it.... good.. someone that noobish shouldnt be able to divebomb/squeal
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
^ he could have been thinking of the whammy pedals

Are you talking about the fixed briges that look like a tremolo like on squire bullets.

when i first started with my electric, i had a squire, and i thougth that you rased the notes with it, even though its not a floating trem, then i soon found out that you push down on the other side of the trem and the notes bend down...looking back on it, i musta been retarded.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Maybe he's trying to use it like a Floyd Rose. That type of vintage style trem isn't made to perform crazy Floyd divebombs.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free