So yeah, i was looking at the Peavey 6505 combo thing and i had a few questions maybe you people could help me with. 1. are the controls the same as the ones on the 6505 head because i cant find a picture of the controls on the combo 2. how does this amp go clean cause i dont see a clean channel

thanks for your help and stuff.
The 6505 head and combo is the same amp just one has a speaker. There is a clean channel but I forget what exactly it is called.
^ its not "clean" its rythem. and the 5150 COMBOs sound a lot better then the heads because they are biased a lot warmer. the heads are cold and brittle sounding in stock trim, while the heads have a warmer more dynamic sound.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
^ its not "clean" its rythem. and the 5150 COMBOs sound a lot better then the heads because they are biased a lot warmer. the heads are cold and brittle sounding in stock trim, while the heads have a warmer more dynamic sound.

I wouldn't say 'better' and the difference is nil at best. I've done a side-by-side comparison and i didn't find too huge of a difference. The biggest difference is at the lower ranges of volumes.

Also, the 5150/6505 combo is a 2x12, not a 1x12.

The amps have no "clean" channel, only a dedicated Rhythm and Lead. Now, rhythm can be 'clean' but to be honest a dry clean tone isnt what the amplifier was even designed to do- If you listen to any van halen you should know that eddie runs his clean channel really wet (effects out the nose) and well, its his signature amp.

The cleans are liveable if with no effects. If you want to make them better you can throw a reverb/delay in front of it or a chorus, that helps too. A more drastic mod (though it improves the 5150/6505 overall) is a new set of tubes and a bias mod.

*sigh* I hate that the 5150 is becoming the 'flavor of the week' so to speak.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Jun 15, 2006,
^ yeah i know what you mean. i replied to about 5 or 6 "5150" threads in about 2 minutes today.

And yeah totally, i know what you mean about the "better" thing...i had no other way to describe it. lol

Also arent the combos only 60watts as opposed to 120?
sorry i kinda think i started the 5150 thing....i had a big thing about the at-100 and the 5150

but the cleans are really dry...like...really really dry

effects are your best friend on the cleans useing this amp (reverb, chorus, delay, EQ)

EDIT: the combos only have 60 watts, the heads have 120
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Im pretty sure the combo only has 2 power tubes, as opposed to four. But I'm such a newb i wouldnt know what difference that would make. Serious.