This song I recorded about nine months ago for the worship leader at my church. Its not a worship song, just a song I wrote. He wanted something kind of upbeat and to hear it, so i sent him this. I decided to keep it lighter. Kind of has a U2 flavor to it. I'm been meaning to make the verses more with a little more darker feel, to contrast to the chorus, but here it is. Hope you enjoy.

Intro: Rather long, just telling you know

Verse: Went crazy and made them very very long, sorry.

Chorus: 1st comes in a 2:30.

2nd Chorus: 3:44

Crit for Crit

http://excaliburman.dmusic.com/
Last edited by excalibur672 at Jun 17, 2006,
I like it... it's very soothing. I think the vocals will enhance this song 10 fold.

For this type of music, it sounds flawless.

Good Job!

Did you spend much time perfecting it?
I recorded it in one night really. Took about four or five hours. Didn't quite know till I realized it was almost three.
Quote by excalibur672
I recorded it in one night really. Took about four or five hours. Didn't quite know till I realized it was almost three.

man i love that feeling when u do something and u get into it so much u lose sense of time. its what music is about!

but man i really like this a lot its very powerful and its got great quality you got nice skills as a song writer!

i loved the chorus a lot its a really good pump up hah

great lob and i wana hear some vocals on this

crit for crit! http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376726
Originally posted by skeptopotamus
Well, me and my lab of expert scienticians have created an ingenius device that will capture one's flatulence and transport it to a nearby foe's rectum, thus attributing any foul odors towards your enemies, mblavin.
Thanks, I'll probably add vocals in a couple weeks, after school ends. I'll head over to yours now, nice words.
intro riff is heavy and tight, sounds good man, should be no prob putting words over it. Bridge to chorus is good too, and the bass was recorded nicely on it. has this primus/fungus amongus feel to it at times, are they an influence?

solo kicks in nicely, with the unison bends and the short licks.

sounds good man, would be cool if the drummer could do more. I have this thing about drummers, seeing as how im not a drummer, i just point to the greats like the drummer from tool, coheed, dave matthews, incubus, the mars volta, hell even travis from blink 182... and these are just "popular" bands. but these guys can make ordinary progressions sound unique to themselves and their band. Despite not being a drummer, it still doesnt mean i cant tell him what "not" to do. (never tell them what to do).

ty for crit.
intro is amazing, then really kicks in with the verse. just as long as the lyrics are good the song will be just fine. you wouldnt want to take away from such an awesome song by giving it crappy lyrics now would you? the solo could stick out a tad more, though. overall, it was incredible...keep up the good work.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
that was wicked i loved it best thing i have heared on here loved it. where did you get the backing {drums bass}
Quote by m_three10
intro riff is heavy and tight, sounds good man, should be no prob putting words over it. Bridge to chorus is good too, and the bass was recorded nicely on it. has this primus/fungus amongus feel to it at times, are they an influence?

solo kicks in nicely, with the unison bends and the short licks.

sounds good man, would be cool if the drummer could do more. I have this thing about drummers, seeing as how im not a drummer, i just point to the greats like the drummer from tool, coheed, dave matthews, incubus, the mars volta, hell even travis from blink 182... and these are just "popular" bands. but these guys can make ordinary progressions sound unique to themselves and their band. Despite not being a drummer, it still doesnt mean i cant tell him what "not" to do. (never tell them what to do).

ty for crit.

Thanks. Actually the Primus feel you were talking about was actually more from Jeff Buckley on Grace, the song, and i think New Year's Prayer.

I know what you mean about the drums. I actually was using garageband and had to manually add loops. I couldn't get the feel i wanted, but it worked.

Quote by Gitar crazy
that was wicked i loved it best thing i have heared on here loved it. where did you get the backing {drums bass}

Drums were from Garageband (self made loops, by typing, it sucked)

And bass... Either I used my friends bass (he doesn't play, he just has one), or I might have used an octave setting on my GT-6.
hey, i don't usually listen to worship songs and stuff, but i have a friend who plays them and he thinks this song is cool. i also think it sounds pretty nice, but there are times when i think your effect (do you have some sort of delay?) hampers the sound a bit. but dont worry--the effect is actually pretty great in most places, and you can really feel the emotion when the chorus kicks in.

oh i just got to the solo. pretty cool. at least i think its the solo... or its some sort of breakdown. but yeah, it does sound a little U2-ish.. agian i think it's your effect, the edge uses the same type of thing on "where the streets have no name" i think.

anyway, thanks for the crit! and you've got a pretty good thing going here, just add vocals like others said and keep up the good work
Sounds pretty good! I wonder how it'll be when the vocals are included Reminds me a bit of the ending credits of good old Mario Kart 64
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Sounds great man. The whole song sounds very tight, and it all flows well. Nice guitar tone - not amazingly good, but it still sounds effective. This would sound great with vocals =)
Listening to it now...

Nice intro, it builds nicely and i like the tone for this style.
Moves into what seems to a verse, nice rhythm change. Should be easy to vocals to.
Builds back up again, nice transition. Maybe a little repetitive, but never the less good.
Nice change at 3:50. Outro is a little long, but isn't that bad, because the drums change. Great job.

Crit for Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378915
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)