Has anyone tried the RANDALL WH40 40w Combo (Dime's signature model, camo colored)? I was originally planning on buying a VOX AD50VT, but there is no way I can fit it into my budget, is there anyone who has played it? Does it have good Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth distortion? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Attached are some pictures of the amp.
Attachments:
9b8ba4c2.jpg
a05b7b46.jpg
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Its going to be less than $120. BTW, I think you thinking of the warhead, its a completely different animal.
Quote by sethp

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I think it would probably have a pantera tone, but the difference between metallica/megadeth/other metal and pantera was that dimebag PREFERRED solid state amps, the rest use tube.
Quote by El Codyo
I was guessing that it was a cheaper combo version of the Warhead considering it is a WH 40.

actually now that I think about it, you're probably right.
Quote by sethp

I'm hoping this amp to be a cheaper (and smaller) version of the RG75 that they make.
Quote by sethp

Damnit, I lost the bid ::type (Him at the computer winning the amp) (me smashing his head in....God it sucks to lose bids on eBay.
Quote by sethp

I tried one quite a few times when I worked in a music store... it's ****ing awful... seriously tinny and screechy. I know everyone seems to say this, but you'd be so much better getting a roland cube 30 or 60, or saving for a tube amp which you won't get bored of and need to replace.

Good luck

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

the only good signature dimebag thing (or at least the best) is the Randall SS WARHEAD, my friend has it and he gets some good tones out of it, not just pantera stuff, its VERY bright sounding, more than most ENGL amps, but it pays off when you play a solo well.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
I wasnt a fan of the warheads, there was a lot to tweak. I really like the RG100s with a boost though, that's what he really used.
Gear:
Jackson dxmg 10
Ltd Ec 400
Line 6 HD 147
Line 6 FBV Shortboard
Marshall 1960a
Behringer V-Amp Pro
Yeah the RG100ES amps rule but u cant use it unless u get a rackmount eq or an eq pedal, then they are the best amps ever made
My gear
Guitars
1.Jackson RR5
2.Epiphone LP Custom (gibson burstbucker in bridge)
3.Washburn Dime 332 (Bill Lawrence L-500XL)
4.Fender Standard Strat

Amps
1989 Randall RG-100-ES, Marshall Jcm 900
Cabinet
1999 Marshall 4x12 1960A
Now that I lost the bid, anyone try the Rg75(g2 or g3)?
Quote by sethp

I've tried the RG75 2x12. Some of the best solid state tones I've heard. Randall are one of the best in solid-state amps.
Sweet, I've always wanted a Randall, for metal, and maybe I can squeeze some money elsewhere to pickup an RG75. It'll go great with my Ibanez RG, and that way when anyone asks me my rig, I'll answer, "2 RG's."
Quote by sethp

To thinny and buzzy.............. sh1tty !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!