Hey, I hear they've got great cleans and some people rekkon theyre better than the fender hot rods. They're cheaper as well. So should I get one? Or should I save up for Hot rod deville 2x12 or something else. Will my me-50 sound any good through it. I wanna buy a better amp before i buy new pedals. A new guitar is the last thing.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Go with the Hot Rod Deville 2x12 due to the fact tube amps>>>>> SS amps. What kind of sound are you looking to get?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
My guitar teacher has one. For a solid state it's amazing. It can take pedals easily, but it it pretty bright, so matching it with another bright (distortion)pedal isn't very pretty. The built in distortion isnt' very good on the amp I'm afraid. Personally, I think that amp is only good as a jazz amp, if you get an overdrive maybe even a blues amp but I don't think it woudl work very well for anythign heavier.
Quote by Ambulance X
Go with the Hot Rod Deville 2x12 due to the fact tube amps>>>>> SS amps. What kind of sound are you looking to get?

Wow, no.

The JC's drive is about useless, and the same can just about be said for the hot rod. Being a person that has played both, i'd say the JC is better for the price. I really wasn't flattered by the hot rods cleans tbh, but the JC was great. Don't forget the whole ss have superior sound at low volumes most of the time and are more reliable most of the time(MG!!!). So maybe if you don't gig too much the JC would be better, not saying it's not suitable for gigs..... My two cents.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I want a strokes kinda sound for cleans and light distortion, but I want to play Iron Maiden and stuff like Muse with heaps of effects. So you rekkon Hot Rod Deville 2x12? There;s one at a second dealer for 1250AUD, a new roland is about 1300AUD.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Def' get the Hot Rod Deville. If it doesn't have enough gain, get an OD pedal. Problem solved. Great cleans and takes pedals well.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
if your looking for an amp only for cleans, look around your local used marker for a fender.
i got my twin for $800
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
Threadstarter, try both the amps out, see for yourself which one you'd rather buy.

Personally, I love the Hot Rod series cleans, so I'd get one of those.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ What RHCP said i prefer the JCs cleans though. Also they are good amps to gig with i mean James Hetfield uses them for his clean tone so they cant be that bad for cleans
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^
Agreed. It's good at one thing - orgasmic clean tones - and nothing else. I've tried it with different distortion pedals and I couldn't get a pleasing drive tone out of it. It's clean sound gives me wood, but that's it. Most people who use thise outside of jazz usually use it for their clean and switch to another amp via an A/B box for distortion.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Hey i was wondering if they still made the head version of the amp or not and if so does anyone have a link where it can be purchased
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
Hey i was wondering if they still made the head version of the amp or not and if so does anyone have a link where it can be purchased

No, they stopped that. You can find one on eBay, but it's very rare.

I'd go with the Jazz chorus, I have one, it's AMAZING for clean tones, it refuses to break up ( I think i'm using that words correctly). But you'll need to try one yourself.
^^^ Try hitting it with a sledge hammer. If that doesn't work, back over it with a van.

Other than that, I agree with you.
Hi, I'm Peter
solid states wont' break up easily, unless you turn the volume up all teh way and hit at hard as you can.
My dad uses a JC-120 for his synth and keyboard, but as far as a guitar amp goes, these things are just clean...Put a REALY good Distortion pedal in front of it and youll get a great sound but put chinsy **** in fornt of it and get****ty sound, i put a seymour duncan twin tube classic in front of it and it sounded AMAZING but thats me
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.