Poll: Which Effects Processor is the best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Effects Processor is the best?
Boss GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor
8 35%
ToneWorks AX1500G Guitar Floor Effects Processor
2 9%
Vox ToneLab SE Tube Driven Modeling Floorboard Processor
3 13%
Line 6 PODXT Live Pedal
11 48%
DigiTech GNX4 Guitar Workstation
3 13%
Voters: 23.
Ok i have asked this question before and never got a good answer so i decided to try again. I need a good effects Processor. I was looking at the Boss Gt-8 and the Line 6 Pod xl. Are there any others that i should be looking at or is one of those choices really bad. I play Mainly Metal Grunge Acoustic and basically a little of everything except for Rap country and New Punk Rock.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Most of those are sub-par.
Analog pedals FTW.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
i want to get my self a GT-8 (very) soon, the nice thing is the dual COSM amp proccessing thing... check out the videos on the boss site, there are 2 from the NAMM show i think.
(dynamic sensoring is awsome!)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him
(")_(") on his way to world domination
The COSM stuff still doesn't make most of the effects or patches sound real. Only single pedals will do that.

It's really up to you. I owned the Korg, and sold it, because I then found that I am nto a fan of processors. Most of the stuff is useless, and the stuff that you do use sounds like **** compared to a real setup.
sure it is better if you buy each and every fx pedal separately, but still, comparing prices you get a lot more out of the gt-8, and having 40 something amps simulations available widens your tone possibility alot, even thou it would sound better having all these amps in your basement for real (damn, that would be cool having 40 something amps in your basement!)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him
(")_(") on his way to world domination
Just dont crack your head when you 1st got the GT-8, might take you some time to actually get the tone you want. Almost half of the time, you stumble on something nice/cool and decided to keep it, forgetting the sound that you actually want at the 1st place. Just go through everything and experiment. Once you got the hang of it, its brilliant.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I'd choose the Pod XT Live over the Boss, because having A/B'd them on the same equipment, I liked the Pod better because of their simulation of heads, cabs, and effects. Line 6 is known for their modeling. Plus, the Boss cannot be hooked up to a computer for recording through USB. Save $45 and pick up the Pod.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
The 2 tops choices in that list, IMO, are the POD and GT-8.

I'd go for the POD for several reasons. First, there's the USB capability. This is a feature that makes recording so nice and idiot-proof. Also, the upgradability will keep the POD useful and current after the others have been supplanted by the 'next best thing'.

Another big thing is the simplicity of operation. It's nice to have tons of options, but if you're spending your time delving thru menus and submenus trying to find that one little setting, it gets annoying. The POD has the most idiot-proof interface - both onboard and in software when connected via USB - that you can find. The GT-8, while excellent, has a rather convoluted, complicated interface with quite a learning curve.

And finally, there's the sound. While the GT-8 has the dual COSM modelling, I don't find it's amp models as convincing as the POD's. To date the POD has the least digital-sounding models of any of the big names in modelling. They have the most natural tones. Some might argue that most of their models don't really soudn like the amps they're modelling (and I can agree to a certain extent), but the models sound good and don't have that buzzy digitial sound.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I strongly Prefer Analog effects over digital but i dont have the money to keep buying them so i was hoping that there was some sort of effects processor i could get that would get the job done. I do a lot of recording and live gigs so i was wondering if any of those would be good for recording and live shows.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
i think the gnx4 is the most for the money

if you are looking for effects, id say the boss sounds better than the rest
Another one i was considering that i forgot to mention was the Boss ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects processor. Would that do all i need it to?
XT Live will sound awesome through the peavey but I hear Boss is pretty cool too
"ya see baseball got it all wrong...a man with four balls can't walk"