Page 1 of 5
Ok. Awesome Band. Siren Sound of the Counter Culture is a awesome all around CD.

Please tell me this is the right forum because im pretty sure they don't belong in the punk/ska. i mean they are punk, but not that kind of punk.

DISCUSS. SORRY I DIDN'T SAY THAT EARLIER, BUT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE LOCKED for not being in the right forum. Theres a new CD coming out soon, talk about that
Last edited by aebers79 at Jun 16, 2006,
I always thought they were punk.

And, I love Black Masks and Gasoline, favorite song by them....Revolutions Per Minute is a great album too.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by Greenfinger182
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358118

Scroll down that page to 'R.' They're on the Official Punk Band List of UG.

No offense to the punk list, but it has absolutely any band that could be remotely associated with punk on it - well at least it did the last time I looked anyway, don't know if it's been updated at all.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Was there a point of discussion or did you just want to tell us that you like them?

I like that song Swing Swing... but it's really depressing and makes me feel glad that I'm not dirt poor. :/

How are they punk? Okay I've only heard that one song. I don't know. They sound emo to me.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
I like that song Swing Swing... but it's really depressing and makes me feel glad that I'm not dirt poor. :/

Wasn't that the All-American Rejects?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
could be swing life away? i dunno

not sure about rise against, the guys voice is awesome and songs like 'like the angel' are amazing. But then you see them in their video to give it all, trying to bring down 'the man' when they're signed to geffen records. It just doesnt add up
Quote by sonixon
^Lol @ calling GHG a guy.

She BASICALLY is...

Yeah, i've always thought they were more punkish..
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
Was there a point of discussion or did you just want to tell us that you like them?

The point was. DISCUSS them. just watever comes up. they've got a new cd, The Sufferer and the Witness coming out July 4th. Im excited
Quote by ghettohippygrrl

How are they punk? Okay I've only heard that one song. I don't know. They sound emo to me.

In my opinion, that song is one of their worst. I think it sucks to be completely honest.

But, yea, they are punk.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Rise Against seem 100% punk to me. Good band though. Ugh their is this horrible local band though that has a singer that tries to imitate Tim and it sounds awful. Like he is raping his own throat or something!
ρ
Being a pop-punk band doesn't have to be a negative thing. Too many people associate pop-punk with really terrible, whiney bands who sing about nothing but girls and heartbreak, blah blah blah. NOT SO. The Ramones were a pop-punk band. And they were awesome. Rise Against are basically a more melodic Bad Religion for me, but the more recent stuff (not heard the new CD yet) is not as good as 'RPM'. That album is great. I would say Rise Against are a mixture of genres. Their influences clearly lie in hardcore punk a la Black Flag etc, but the music they make takes the lyrics and vocals from that and mixes them with poppier leanings. Which is fine. A decent band.
Quote by andrewbiles
Wasn't that the All-American Rejects?

Yes, I mixed the titles up. But honestly, the two bands sound alike enough (granted I've heard only one Rise Against song).

Quote by sonixon

I don't know if you know this, people tend to always assume people online are guys unless they actually READ MY SCREEN NAME THAT SAYS "GIRL." The picture of Zack with the heart really shouldve given it away.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
actually it says grrl

and i was going to use that avatar until you did before me.
Beauty Supreme

Rise Against=Awesome.
I can't wait for The Sufferer And The Witness. It's gonna rock. I downloaded "Injection" of Interpunk.com, and it's awesome. "RPM" would have to be my favorite alum by them.

I would consider Rise Against to be punk. Or something like it. Definitley not pop-punk/emo. Maybe hardcore/punk?
Quote by sonixon

Dude, your new avatar is completely amazing
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I kinda like em, ill get to see them this summer at the Warped Tour so I can see really how good they are...
Quote by Yakult
Dude, your new avatar is completely amazing

I've been staring at it for 5 minutes trying to see where he is.
Beauty Supreme

Rise Against is a really awesome band, they are definately punk, but anyways RPM is there best cd but Siren Song of the Counter Culture was good too, i am worried their new one will be crap though, i dont know why either, hopefully i'll be wrong.
The Sufferer and The Witness

There's already 2 songs on it out. Ready To Fall- Which is availible on iTunes and you can hear it on their myspace and Chamber the Cartridge-Which can be heard on their myspace. They also have an exclusive download song called Injection.
*rushes to their myspace site*

EDIT: HOLY **** THIS AWESOME
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Last edited by RHCPhysco8 at Jun 18, 2006,
yeah, these guys are really good live. I just saw them at the first stop at warped tour. Got their autograph too without waiting through one of those ridiculous meet and greet lines. They were just hanging out at the merch booth and they were really cool. Got the cd on preorder.
ready to fall is great, and Bricks is an excellent punk song

swing life away must be one of their worst
I saw them at Warped Tour; they were good
I only know Siren Song, so maybe I'll have to go back and get Revs per Min
ne pvgnemvs
they are amazing

i own all of their cd's and love them every time i hear them

I can't wait for the new album.

i dont know what the Fuck this smiley is doing
I reaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyy don't like Rise Against. They have that song by them on need For Speed Underground 2... I think it's called "Give it All" or something like that... and everytime I hear it I want to puncture my eardrums with something sharp. That's the only song I heard by them, so I don't know if thier other music is any better. But if it's all like that, I hate them.
I'm a person.
There was like a year long period in which Like the Angel was my favorite song ever. I'd listen to it like every single day. I didn't listen to them for a while and then Pink_the_Punk recommended me some songs and my like for them resurfaced.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
Yes, I mixed the titles up. But honestly, the two bands sound alike enough (granted I've heard only one Rise Against song).

I don't know if you know this, people tend to always assume people online are guys unless they actually READ MY SCREEN NAME THAT SAYS "GIRL." The picture of Zack with the heart really shouldve given it away.

all american rejects and and rise against sound alike????????
thats like saying metallica and creed sound alike or bad religion and fall out boy sound alike.
Rise Against are alright I guess, its just that I never feel like listening to them. When Im in a mood for punk rock, I'll listen to real punk rock, not Rise Against.
i started a thread about them in the punk forumand it died, they seem to be more liked here
Quote by Nole07
you see periods are a good thing for chics, its what flushes out the evil. sure us guys have to endure a little bit of evil but just wait til chics get older and stop getting periods, its all evil, thats why old f ucking ladies are so mean..
Page 1 of 5