So im restringing my ibanez rg320 with an edge pro trem. I started restringin the high E, and now i am on the b string. I stretched the High e string along the fretboard as the guy from guitarcenter told me to do. I wanna really stretch them out good, so i dont run into the problem of the string going out of tune everytime i divebomb. Is there anything i can do to help prevent this?? Like play for a while before locking down, or??? Thank you!
Stretch them and tune them. Let them settle for about an hour and tune it again.

Your should be fine, unless your retarted.

Quote by Doodeyfoodle
I find it amusing that some believe 'talent' is a quantifiable measurement. Its the arts people, not mathematics. Open your minds.
put the strings in. losely tune the strings. it dosent have to be perfect. dont lock it down yet. pull on the strings around the 12th fret. tune it. repeat on the 7th and 5th frets. let is sit for a bit. tune it right, then lock it down.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Last edited by AngelGC at Jun 15, 2006,
yeah just play with them for a bit an tugon them an re tune them an stuff an then lock down

an may i rec ernie ball strings tho things stop stretchin an hold there tune withen minutes of putting them on,
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
What I do to stretch my strings out regardless of the guitar-

Wind em up, place them, tune them once all the way. Take each string individually between your fingers, pull or tug on it pretty wildly, stretch it out quite a bit, it'll most definitely go out of tune. Do that for all six strings then retune, repeat the process once more, then tune it up, lock it up, etc. You shouldn't go out of tune that way...

And if you do afterwards its cause you have a crappy trem, can't do much about that.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
What I do to stretch my strings out regardless of the guitar-

Wind em up, place them, tune them once all the way. Take each string individually between your fingers, pull or tug on it pretty wildly, stretch it out quite a bit, it'll most definitely go out of tune. Do that for all six strings then retune, repeat the process once more, then tune it up, lock it up, etc. You shouldn't go out of tune that way...

And if you do afterwards its cause you have a crappy trem, can't do much about that.

yeah. thats what i do. not exactly like that, but still the same. i do that with any guitar too. it helps alot.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.