Hey dudes and laaaaay-deeeees, I really need some help here. In the past few months I have noticed just how cheap my first guitar, the Ibanez GRX-20, feels. So it's now time for me to purchase my third guitar, my second was an Ibanez RG370. I really like the look and feel of V's, which has lead me to my first choice, the Jackson KVX10 King V ($450 at American Musical Supply). My other choices were: Ibanez RG370DX ($360 at AMS), Ibanez RG350DX ($400 at AMS), and the Jackson DXMG ($500 at AMS). But I have a few concerns with each, the Jackson KVX10 has a bolt on neck, do you still have good access to the upper frets? I currently own and love to play my RG370, and with the RG370DX will it still have the same feel as it's predecessor, the RG370? Aside from the newer Infinity pickups and Edge III bridge of course. And with the RG350DX will I be paying $40 extra compared to the RG370DX only for a sparkly pickguard and white paint? They both have Edge III bridges, 3 piece Wizard II necks, H/S/H Infinity pickups, and sharktooth inlays. Is there an extra feature on the RG350DX that I'm not aware of? And finally, on the Jackson DXMG, I'd like to get a Jackson DKMG ($750 at AMS for my choice of Transparent Black) in the future, but I don't think it's really in my price range at the moment, so would I pay $250 more for 81/85 EMG's, piranha inlays, and an arched top? I'm pretty sure that all of these guitars would fit my musical tastes, and I can't really get to a guitar shop to test these out, the nearest place that would carry these guitars is at least and hour away. But for the moment I'm more concerned with quality, playability, and features. Thank you all very much!
"When ignorance reigns, life is lost."

Teh Space
With those guitars you're are just gonna think there cheap in like another 6 months. Why don't you try saving up for something a little more high quality that way i last longer, sound better, and probably play better?
Fender MIM Strat w/SD Hot Rails in Bridge/Marshall AVT275x/Digitech RP200/Dunlop Classic Crybaby/Fender MIM Jazz Bass/Fender Rumble 25/Pearl Forum 5 Piece Drum Set w/Zildjian ZBT cymbal set/Shure SM58/Line 6 Toneport UX-1.
Well, that's why I wanted something that was from $300 to maaaaybe $800, not $170-ish. My RG370 was $300 and I got it last year, I still love the way it feels.

Teh Space
Quote by MusicMan00
With those guitars you're are just gonna think there cheap in like another 6 months. Why don't you try saving up for something a little more high quality that way i last longer, sound better, and probably play better?

End yourself

Bolt on necks have little problems with reaching the neck, but you won't have the resonance as you do with a set neck. But at the same time if your neck gets warped or something goes wrong all you have to do is replace the neck.
Edge pro and Edge II and III have cheap metals that tend to wear out easly.
Try looking at Ibanez, I believe the quality controll tends to be a bit better than jackson.

And "if it's good enough for steve vai it's good enough for me"
I've heard the RGs have crap bridges which can never be tuned and take hours for string changing.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
If you want an Ibanez with reliable trem that wont cause you tuning problems or wearing out of the knife edges easily, you should save up for RG1570, S-Series, used RG5xx/RG7xx. Dont go for the RG370DX or any of the 300 series that have Edge III bridge. Those arent realiable. This goes on, the Edge Pro II, Lo-TRS-I, Lo-TRS-II, Edge III are not reliable at all, the knife edges wears off quick coz its made out of cheap material and soft metal.

The ones that you need to look up to are the Edge, Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge or the ZR trem. Those are the ones that are very trustable and will hold its tuning very very well.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, I had to take apart my Edge Pro II and buff out a burr it had in it, I was constantly breaking my A string (on a .10 gauge set). I'd like to get the RG321, but it has a fixed bridge. I suppose I'll have to save up for a higher model as you've suggested, thank you all once again!

Teh Space
Any thoughts on good V's that have floating trems and 24 frets? How about the Jackson KVX10?

Teh Space