Page 1 of 3
I like rock/metal so Metallica will always be at or near the top, but in just watching AFI the other day I was thinking that little fruity guy can play!

I am new but had always thought bands with one guitar would have that stripped down, less developed sound, but I may have been wrong.

Which bands with only one guitar player rock the hardest?
Pantera/damage, Black sabbath, ozzy w/randy,zakk,
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Dream Theater
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
Black Sabbath, Chevelle, Creed, Damageplan, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Hatebreed, Incubus, Kittie, Led Zeppelin, Mudvayne, P.O.D., Pantera, Presidents Of The United States Of America, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smile Empty Soul, System Of A Down
Last edited by lp_dude_2 at Jun 15, 2006,
umm..i dont think in flames only had one guitarist^^^

i have to say rage had the best one guitar act or zeppelin
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Why hasn't anybody mentioned nirvana????!!

Its a scandal, a scandal i tell you!

"bands with one guitarist that ROCK the most. Need I say more?
Is this opinions about who rocks the most or who can name the coolest band to impress other members?
Nirvana rocked more than dreamtheatre, most people have never heard of DT, nuff said.
Alkaline trio, Bowling for Soup, Fall Out Boy, Flogging Molly, Green Day, Lostprophets, Mest, Motion City Soundtrack, Nirvana, NOFX, Chuck Berry, Offspring, Plain White Ts, Rancid, The Real Mckenzies, Relient K, Rise Against, Saves the Day, Sum 41, Yellowcard, ZZ Top

All of those know how to get anybodys foot moving.
And if you don't think those bands know how to rock,(in the spirit or rock) **** you youre too old.
Quote by lp_dude_2
System Of A Down

Serj played guitar on the first album

for me, Muse. Matt > you.

i would say Feeder, but Grant layers tracks on the albums and they have Dean tidley on guitar live playing the backing guitar.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Led Zeppelin, System Of A Down and Ozzy
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

rise against has 2 guitarists as well they used 2 have one but ever since the unraveling they have had 2
if you like metal-esque bands. Pantera, Ozzy, Disturbed being some big ones with one guitar
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Muse, but their music now is really different from OOS and Absolution
Led Zeppelin is one.

King Crimson used to have one guitarist until Adrian Belew joined.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Rush
Queen
Disturbed
AIC
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by LP Junior
"bands with one guitarist that ROCK the most. Need I say more?

Hey Junior...talk to any REAL musician who understands the importance of REAL music and they will tell you Nirvana changed tthe entire face of music.
They pretty much introduced the world to grunge (they werent the first or best grunge band, but...) and literally opened the worlds ears to a different sound than Poison or Warrant.
I guess they dont rock, huh?

Oh yeah, Poison was a pretty good one guitar band.
Jimi Hendrix Experience and The Who surprisingly haven't been mentioned, but you tools have been able to rip off lists of every crappy nu [pop] punk band
Hi, I'm Peter
Thomas Erak from Fall of Troy, yeaaaaaaaa!
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by demea
Hey Junior...talk to any REAL musician who understands the importance of REAL music and they will tell you Nirvana changed tthe entire face of music.
They pretty much introduced the world to grunge (they werent the first or best grunge band, but...) and literally opened the worlds ears to a different sound than Poison or Warrant.
I guess they dont rock, huh?

Oh yeah, Poison was a pretty good one guitar band.

not just grunge, alternative music in general
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by amadeus_who
greenday... hahahahahahaha

Actually green day has 2 guitarists, they just never show or talk about the other one.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Nirvana didn't change the face of music, they just moved popular back in a different direction once they became mainstream. Grunge really had the same impact that punk did in the early 70s as a response to the overly produced Phil Spector orchestral albums that "rock" bands were coming out with. Besides, it's not like hair bands were doing anything terribly original after their 10 year dominance, and they were all finally coming down from their decade-long coke binges and filing for bankruptcy. But that being said, Nirvana was a one-guitar band and did "rock," so they're appropriate for the list.
Hi, I'm Peter
yep Jason White and they dont include him cause he is a side of the band meanin he hasnt been in the three best friends that started the band..........
Jimi Hendrix Exprience, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine, Cream, The Who, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Disturbed (10,000 Fists made them step into real Metal now.)
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Don't need no other members...

Joe Pass will do it all by himself.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Page 1 of 3