So I'm looking to get some new pickups to replace the 3 single coil ones...im looking into double...i have heard humbucker quite a few times.

I have a PRS SE
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-EG-Electric-Guitar?sku=511962

now only thing is I have no idea whats the best pickup(s) for the price

I play lots of distortion like Greenday but i also play lighter music like Jack Johnson.

also, the white place has a cutout for each single pickup...if I were to change pickups, what would I have to do to this huge plate?

and for someone whos new at guitar, is it worth trying to do this myself of should I just pay the store to do it for me?
im great at electronics so if its as easy as plugging in or soldering some wires I can do it...just need a wiring sheet.

I'm also getting new strings soon, any tips on how to install them (if there are any)

thanks.
pay for it at the store...umm..look at some seymour duncans

(dont ever call green day LOTS of distortion).....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
will humbuckers even fit in that model guitar? looks like it was built for single coils, you would probably have to cut out the holes in the body to fit 3 humbuckers in there. And i wouldent recommend that.. You can get some pretty hot single coils though, that sound nearly the same as a humbucker.. I have 3 DiMarzio singles in my Parker NightFly, and they rock..
Quote by Bones420
will humbuckers even fit in that model guitar? looks like it was built for single coils, you would probably have to cut out the holes in the body to fit 3 humbuckers in there. And i wouldent recommend that.. You can get some pretty hot single coils though, that sound nearly the same as a humbucker.. I have 3 DiMarzio singles in my Parker NightFly, and they rock..

thanks ill look at the DiMarzio single pickups

did some searching....ill probably get 3 of these pickups

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP217-YJM-Pickup?sku=302124

they seems to have great reviews and the price is right
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 15, 2006,
oh so you dont have to match pickups.....thats good to know

btw...im great at finding drum parts, whats the best place to get pickups in the US besides the local music stores with high prices?