I'm looking at buying a Line 6 Pod.. but I don't know whether it's worth double the price for the XT version.

Can someone tell me the differences? I've looked on the Line6 site and it doesn't explain it very well..
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez S520EX w/ Swineshead Venom + Condor
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster Blackout w/ DM Tone Zone + SD 59'
Peavey XXX 60w
they have the same shape, but xt has a better display. also the xt has many effect like wah, flange, ecc ecc that the 2.0 does not have.
If you want many effects buy xt, if you want many amp simulations buy pod 2 (like i did) ^^
^I heard they emulations are better. Haven't tried either so i can't tell.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the xt has more effects
flanger, phaser, wah
better display
i got a really good deal on the old one cuz i bought it from my guitar teacher
I have a question for pod 2.0 owners.
What can you do with usb interface that you cant do normally? Only transfer tones from pc to pod or also other things? Like more controls on pod... ?
I had a pod 2 and thought it was ok... it's a bit of a toy tbh, and I couldn't get any really nice tones out of it. The XT, on the other hand, is awesome.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
I had a pod 2 and thought it was ok... it's a bit of a toy tbh, and I couldn't get any really nice tones out of it. The XT, on the other hand, is awesome.

can you answer my question?
falcon. well u are asking pod 2 owners so i cant really answer properly. i can tell you what u do with xt usb asi have one. you can change tones using line 6 monkey makign tones easier to tweak. you can downlaod tones off it. you can record straight thorught it to computer. the pod 2.0 has usb does it ? :S?
yeah, the pod 2.0 has usb, you can tweak the tone, and download new ones. tweaking them sometimes just makes them worse though
i dont think so
havent really attempted it
i just use the mic input on my computer with an adapter for the patch cord to record
doesn't sound as good as midi but it works
any other who knows if you can record with pod 2.0 via midi cable?

can you post some recordings using pod 2.0? Via mic or via midi (if it's possibile)
Last edited by falcon!!! at Jul 2, 2006,
You can record straight through the midi outputs on the pod 2. If you pm me with your email address, I can send you a recording which was done through the standard jack output.

jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.