hey ive found out recently that to go to the music school i plan on going to im going to have to be able to fluently read music, i thought it would be cool to learn and started buzzing round on the net for lessons and i cant wrap my head around it can someone please help me?

thanx
Quote by 6WS
haha, that is going to be the biggest p*ssy magnet since the keyboard neck tie.
what exactly are you having trouble with? timing, which note's which....

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
umm yeah which notes on the "staff" are which i jus had trouble remembering them do u have any tips?
Quote by 6WS
On the treble clef, the notes on the lines could make up, Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. Or any variation. The spaces spell the word FACE. To read above or below, simply count down or up the notes. So if you saw a note below the treble clef, you could start at the bottom line, which is E. And go down. EDCBAGFE. Same for going above, except you go in ascending order. Start at the top line F. FGABCDEF. A jump from a line to a space or a space to a line is one note. Hope that helped, I can try to explain more clearly if you need it.
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
Quote by .I.T.
On the treble clef, the notes on the lines could make up, Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. Or any variation. The spaces spell the word FACE. To read above or below, simply count down or up the notes. So if you saw a note below the treble clef, you could start at the bottom line, which is E. And go down. EDCBAGFE. Same for going above, except you go in ascending order. Start at the top line F. FGABCDEF. A jump from a line to a space or a space to a line is one note. Hope that helped, I can try to explain more clearly if you need it.

Don't use the "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" method at all...it would take me a while to explain, but it greatly slows down your ability to interpret notes. And don't remember FACE as 'face.' If you do you need to say the whole saying, think of which word corrisponds to the right number...it's too confusing and takes too long. Rember it this way

Treble Clef:
Lines: EGBDF
Spaces: FACE
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Just work through William Leavitt: A Modern Method for Guitar It'll help tons!
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
yeah thanks for the feedback boys that should be a good start
Quote by 6WS
Quote by elvenkindje
Just work through William Leavitt: A Modern Method for Guitar It'll help tons!

wow i have that
ive never heard that guys name mentioned until now
ive got like a 3 series book or something, i knew most of the starting section, but its good, itll teach you what you need to know

just wait til you start trying to understand the circle of fifths...
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.