ok i probably wont get a response for this but does anyone in canberra, australia, know any good guitar teachers who base lessons on tabs? im pretty average i can play some jimi hendrix and alot of led zeppelin and im getting into pink floyd.
if you can help that would be great
Quote by GUNZI
ok i probably wont get a response for this but does anyone in canberra, australia, know any good guitar teachers who base lessons on tabs? im pretty average i can play some jimi hendrix and alot of led zeppelin and im getting into pink floyd.

Well you should probably get a teacher that actually teaches you how to read music. My teacher teaches me to do that and let me tell you it makes it so much easier on yourself once you can read music. You can play almost anything set in front of you.
Quote by eridani
Well you should probably get a teacher that actually teaches you how to read music. My teacher teaches me to do that and let me tell you it makes it so much easier on yourself once you can read music. You can play almost anything set in front of you.

Yeap, that's right!
Find a guitar teacher that teaches you MUSIC. Once, I had a guitar teacher who played Metallica's Four Horsemen mp3 and told me to play the song by ear. I couldn't and he said I have pitching problems. Then, he showed me how to play the opening chords through his fingers and asked me to repeat after him. Then, he told me, " you play this chord 6 times, and play this chord 4 times and count them in your head!" Okay, how musical is that? I learned guitar from classical lessons and I was shocked at how the lessons were conducted. I was taught to read music and this guy told me to look at his fingers and play after the mp3.
This is a nice little encounter that I had. I really hope this will help you to find a teacher that can teach you MUSIC. Not play a mp3, tell you to follow and earn your money. If all guitar lessons are like that, I think everyone on this planet will just have to turn on the computer, play a mp3 and if they are not sure, look up Guitar Pro to check the fingerings and do this for several songs. The guitar teachers will all starve to death.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate... leads to the dark side. -Yoda.
Quote by GUNZI

getting a teacher to show you tabs is a waste of money...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name