i have saved up around 300bucks worth to buy a new amp.

im looking for a good Metal amp....better if it has effects built in.

some guy told me Line6 Spider I is better than Spider II, but i cant find a Spider I anywhere. i tried put the Spider II and i thought it was nice. it has a LOT of features included.

but with the same price i thought i could get something by Marshall.....
im not sure. i havent tried Marshalls out. im just going to this huge music store this weekend and trying out amps, but any amps good for crunchy metal, that have a good solid tone?

*i play music like Kittie, Undying, Bloodlined Calligraphy etc etc)
i believe Kittie uses Mesa amps but those are way too expencive.
*ive been playing for 3 years
*i play an ESP LTD F400 so something that goes good with that guitar

THANKS
I don't think Marshall amps would pull of the tone you're looking for. Go with Line 6.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
haha i just saw the Line6 ad on the top of the page right after i posted and i listend to the sound samples, and i think youre right. Line6 Spider II!!
Quote by XgunshyX
haha i just saw the Line6 ad on the top of the page right after i posted and i listend to the sound samples, and i think youre right. Line6 Spider II!!

Grab yourself the Line6 Spider II 112 amp, it costs around 420 dollars canadian after taxes, so it should be much less if you're in the states (not because of the currency exchange, Line6 products are generally cheaper in the states).

You will not be dissapointed, but stay clear of the 15watt and the 30 watt models (Spider II 15/30), and grab the 112, and if you want more sound then the 212.
Line 6 Spiders are sterile, cold and crap sounding to me.

Get a Roland cube 60 or 30, they sound a hell of a lot better, and also have inbuilt effects too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Line 6 Spiders are sterile, cold and crap sounding to me.

Get a Roland cube 60 or 30, they sound a hell of a lot better, and also have inbuilt effects too.

Because line 6 is known you their lack of effects.
Quote by Schecter1277

......What?

And if I can understand you, I didn't say Line 6 didn't have effects, I'm just saying the Rolands are all round better amps.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
......What?

And if I can understand you, I didn't say Line 6 didn't have effects, I'm just saying the Rolands are all round better amps.

Thought they were square

I'm just saying, I personally own a flextone, dunno about the spyder, but I like mine.
I've heard the Flextones are quite nice actually, I've played a few Spiders, and found them cringe-worthy.

And yea, the Rolands are square, and quite ugly, but sound nice...
Don't be afraid to care"

i live in japan, and they had a SPider II(i for got which model) but it was 18000yen (about 180 US dollars)

Quote by Schecter1277

.... yeahi i didnt quite get that too, but
i guess ill play all the Spiders they have, and also the Roland Cube.
I woudl avoid the Spider like the plague. If you want a decent modelling amp, then the Roland Cube is your best option. If you want to go Line 6, then the Flextone is the way to go.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^ yep, I own a line 6 spider 2, and it's decent for bedroom practicing, but there are better amps in that price range. The roland cube series would be perfect for metal.

Check out my sig for some recordings done with a line 6.
sypders blow. why god hasn't wipped them from the face of the planent yet, i dont know.

roland cubes pwn sypders anyday.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
If you're going to just be practicing with the amp, the Spyder II is a decent amp. You get to play with lots of effects.

I wouldn't ever crank it or play it in front of people though .

If you can get a Roland Cube where you are at, go for it.

DEFINITELY don't get any Marshall amps in your price range.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by gpderek09
sypders blow. why god hasn't wipped them from the face of the planent yet, i dont know.

Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
hey garden gnome, I loved your sound on the cover on sad but true, can you give me your eq and equipment you used?
any marshall at that price will be an MG...which are ****....spiders are pretty good....dispite all the criticism they get, youll still get awesome tone. but they can be VERY tempermental. they drill, the wiring gets ****ed up, dont EVER turn them up on full...ive seen cases where the amp just dies completely right before concert...not nice. probably stick to roland.
Hughes and kettner Edition blue 60

thats all you will ever need..
all for 249 USD, the best bang for the buck SS amp you can get your hands on

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by gpderek09

The Cube60 pwns every amp of its kind lol (SS modeling)

[edit]

Quote by JanickClone
Hughes and kettner Edition blue 60

thats all you will ever need..
all for 249 USD, the best bang for the buck SS amp you can get your hands on

As much as I fncking LOVE that amp, I would still go for the Cube. It has way more stuff of it, effects/amps...all that.
Last edited by Blinded0n1sidE at Jun 15, 2006,
Cube ive got it and i love it. Its got so much distortion that i cant hear the difference between each note i play. i have to turn it down a notch
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Quote by Distortion_101
Cube ive got it and i love it. Its got so much distortion that i cant hear the difference between each note i play. i have to turn it down a notch

Uhhhhh having lots of distortion isn't a good thing.

Having *good sounding* distortion is a good thing
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Uhhhhh having lots of distortion isn't a good thing.

Having *good sounding* distortion is a good thing

sorry about that i was trying to get that message across.
it does have good distortion and its loud
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Spider II? NO! Especially not the bigger ones, I have one, its just twice the synth-esque tone! It sounded good when I first tries it out, probably because I didnt know any better, Ive gotten better tones out of my fender frontman 15g, THATS saying something!

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
I was set on a Line 6 spider II 112 amp a little while back, and now i can't see why. Tube distortion is about 9000 times better than solid state. there's no comparison. personally, I'm saying that you should go out and find yourself an amp with good tubes. I know they're a lot more expensive, but so much more worth it. So if you're willing to work up the money and maybe wait a little bit, then wait it out and get a marshall or a vox or a roland cube or something. You won't regret it. and if you need, go with some effects.
Spider dont lack effects, but they lack horribly in the quality of the effects and the sounds they emmit from it. Your better off getting a Roland Cube.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Hmm, what about peavey transtube series? To me my peavey 110 is not that bad at distoration (it could just be that i have never got a chance to hear those holy grail of tone amps). They are fairly cheap too in the states i believe. Just a suggestion, dont take it too serious
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
I have a Spider II 112. It's great for practicing, but I wouldn't gig with it. If you want a Line 6, go for a Flextone. They're actually really good amps and you'll get the tone you want. Vettas are even better, but are definitely out of your price range.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The cube prolly owns the spiders..

but Flextones are sweet.
and the Vetta II... well let's jsut say i would take that over a few tube amps....
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
ok ok im REALLY glad i asked.
ill try the Roland CUbes out,(which ill probably end up egtting anyways)
and then when i get a job over the summer, ill work hard for a better amp.

thaks guys!
i diaagree, my peavey bandit and the roland cube are pretty much on par with each other as amps, they both have great distortion, the peavey cleans are excellent though, they are on par with tube amps for cleans
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM