This is really stupid but it is a necessary question but I bought a BOSS ODB-3 Pedal and teh batteries suck and they're expensive...if i want to get the AC adaptor, it's $60 AUssie dollars..which sux..can i get other AC adaptors ....or do they not' work with the pedal? Thx guys
i bought an ashton ac adaptor for 20 bucks (AU) and it works with my morley and zoom pedals, not sure about boss, ur best bet is to take ya pedal down to ur local store and ask em whether the connection will fit or not. Maybe check the specs on the internet and try and match em with a cheaper power supply, they do exist

good luck mate
mmm..i was hopin for someone with a BOSS pedal's opinion...mayb it does work...i blame the dude at my local store, he told me i had to use a BOSS AC adaptor, wht a ****
They all say USE ONLY BOSS POWER ADAPTORS but it's bollocks ! I use other power adapters and it's fine. Thing is, if something happens, boss will say "well you've been using that, so sorry but it's out of warranty" i bet ! Your choice. I've been ok
ok...now im gettin even more worried..cuz my dad bought it from asia and it has no warranty ...****

well maybe it does...but in asia.
dont be worried. I've used it for nearly a year now and it's fine. I am just saying, if something were to happen, that is probably the excuse Boss would use. but seeing as you have no warranty anyway, it not an issue. My advice: by a normal AC. Just make sure you get the right voltage (obviously)
^and polarity
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
any 9v adapter that can handle 300mA will do fine... I even have a 12V adapter feeding my Ibanez OD-850, my MXR phase 90 and my Digitech Multi Chorus... They all are working fine... Never had a problem... But I'm going to change to a 9V adapter I got a week ago... Still need to change the single adaptor to a multi-snake so I can feed more pedals with one adaptor instead of 3 adaptors for 3 pedals...

Just go to your local DIY store, or electronics shop. They should have those multi-adaptors wich have multiple plugs and can opperate on 3 to 12V selectable... Costs around $10 or less.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
It doesnt matter what the pedal or the compay for the connection really
just go and buy a AC adapter and your set
really
thats all there is to it
nothing bad can really happen! *knock on wood*
... im superstitious lol
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
first it has to be the right voltage and the right mA or ur pedal will mess up, besides that any ac adaptor will work.
Ha, I was going to start the exact same thread. But can I just sneak a question in for any one who owns a Boss Limiter.

Is it normal for the Boss LMB-3 to have a noticable hum to it? as in when it is pushed on it will have a slight hum that is consistant and doesn't get louder when the amp is turned up or is there something wrong with mine?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
^ mine doesn't do that. BUT if you have the enhancer knob on 4 or higher you can get a hum from that, mine does get a hum from that hence why I keep mine on 0 or occasionally 3. BUT if you have the enhancer knob on 0, then I don't know what the problem could be.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
Thats not too good then . I got it new but the battery was flat and I'm using a make-shift AC adaptor (9Volt 300mA), and before I replaced the battery in my bass it didn't seem to work at all. Any more input?
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
Ha, I was going to start the exact same thread. But can I just sneak a question in for any one who owns a Boss Limiter.

Is it normal for the Boss LMB-3 to have a noticable hum to it? as in when it is pushed on it will have a slight hum that is consistant and doesn't get louder when the amp is turned up or is there something wrong with mine? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I believe that there are actualy two types of mains power supplies, I also have the Boss LMB-3 and like yours it hums when used with a none boss power supply and yet is ok with Batteries.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
hmm I dunno. I use a digitech PS-200 AC adapter and works fine on it. Be sure you aren't overdriving the amp with the pedal. should be using the amp's gain and not the pedals cuz that would cause hum problems. But make sure the volume control on your pedal is about even with the volume control on the amp cuz it could cause some hum by using the pedal as a preamp to control the volume basically lol.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
*John Swift are you suggesting I get a proper Boss Adaptor?

*rockerc are you saying that the volume knob on the pedal should corrispond with the amps volume knob?

For the record (if it helps) I have a Ibanez SR300DX Bass, Fender Rumble 100Watt amp, the LMB-3 and a PD-7 --< which are hooked together and into the effects loop pre amp.
Last edited by Monkey_Bassist at Jun 16, 2006,
hmm. compression usually goes first. so dunno if the pedal order could affect it. and the gain should basically correspond with the amps volume knob. 1 or 2 higher is fine but not like 3 or 4. I use a digitech power supply with my LMB-3 and I got NO hum lol. dunno why that it is. maybe i got lucky and got one that doesn't hum! lol.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
While any adapter with the right specs will work, the filtering on cheap wall warts is rather sup bar. The Boss adpater has better filtering. This matters because on some pedals, a bad wall wart causes hum. It depends though, it might hum, it might not.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah I'm starting to realise that, kind like one of those "it was soo obvious" after you were told about it things. My dad and I actually electrically modded a 9 Volt adaptor to test out the pedals as I didn't have any new batteries and the one that came with the Boss was flat. We assumed it would work fine, but now we know that the official effects pedal adaptors must have sound signal specific filtering/sound damping components.

But it is reasuring to hear from others that have the same pedal and have observed a similar problem. Thanks
^ oh yeah. that makes sense. cuz the adapter i'm using is a Digitech PS-200. An official one. no wonder mine doesn't make hum
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
I bought an AC adaptor at Guitar Center for US $15. I'm not sure if there are GC's in Aussieland and it works at every pedal i've tried with it so far
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Ok thanks, my dad and I are going to try and add some sort of filtering to the adaptor circuit until I can find a decent effects pedal adaptor.