Page 1 of 10
does anyone here know how to or heard of lucid dreaming? it is were you use different methods to realise when your dreaming and being able to take control of the dream and when your good at it do whatever you want theres lots of information on the web about it but this is the best one http://www.dreamviews.com its got a great guide to lucid dreaming and a forum with heaps of good advice.
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
ibanez 1982 blazer custom
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago.

Um....I had one once. it was fun. I dreamt I was at school. Then I realised I was lucid and tried to fly.
was it easy to do what method did you use
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
http://www.astraldynamics.com/

I used to lucid dream a lot back when I did a lot of meditation / energy raising, but I haven't done it for a while and so I have very few lucid dreams any more But yeah, lucid dreams are great. I hope one day you have a false awakening.... Now those are amazing, it's like being awake and 100% concious, just in a dream
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
i heard of them im gonna try for one tonight does anyone know were to get the mp3s to listen to to try and make yourself aware that your dreaming
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
Im reading the tutorial. This is very interesting. Im about to start a dream diary.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i lucid dream quite often... but probably through luck most of the time

im really no expert but i can bring it on myself. wen i go to sleep i become very concious of my breathing and i just dont think about anything else. u can sort of feel yourself going to sleep. u sort of go through this bit where your neither awake nor asleep, i think if u get to that bit all u have to do is sort of stay with it. at least thats wat i do.

but even wen i am aware that im dreaming i can only control my actions in the dream and cant actually control everything about the dream, i guess ive got a bit of a way to go...
WILL!!
I've had a false awakening a few times. They are cool but can make everything very confusing. Maybe thats just me though lol. I have lucid dreams quite alot, hence my nickname! Have any of you seen the film Waking Life? If not I suggest you buy it/rent it/download it. Do whatever you can to get your hands on that movie.
I had it some weeks ago..
I was on the top of some church, trying to find keys or something. Anyhow, I was hanging there, scared ****less, and I kinda thought "hey, this is a dream I don't feel like dreaming anymore" so I just jumped down. Obviously, when I was falling down, doubt kicked in: that was ****ing scary.

anyhow, the easiest method for lucid dreaming, I find, is the following: at fixed moments during the day, say, once after breakfast, then somewhere around 2pm, then like 9pm, take a moment to sit down. Now think about your surroundings: does it make sense? the people you are with, are they alive, plausible to be hanging out with you? the place you're at, is it logical? you will realise that this will make sense every time for the next few weeks at least. But after a while, it will become routine to think about this. As we all should know, routines return in dreams. Pretty soon you will dream about sitting down and thinking this: then you will know it's a dream, and you'll most likely wake up from shock, but practice makes perfect..
Quote by The Leader
Same difference? Meaning its differences are exactly alike, and are parallel in opposite? So they have the exact same thing wrong with them. Two identical twins have scars, but the scars are in the exact same place, so their differences are the same.
Actually I just had an idea.

Sometimes as my mum is trying to wake me up before school, I kinda dream I am out it the kitchen eating my breakfast, then realise I am in bed.

I never thought about it before, but maybe I could capitolise on this.

BTW now that I remember I have had 2 lucid dreams not 1 like I said earlier.

One was crystal clear, before I had heard of LDing. I wish I had, as I didnt think to do anything cool.

I was sick and sleeping on a folding bed in my lounge room. At first I freaked out and started yelling. I was only saying it in the dream.
Then I realised I could do fun stuff. I did a back flip off a randomly placed bed.

Then I saw a friend and said "where am I?" Apparently, I had said this in the real world as well, in which my Mum replied "In the loungeroom", waking me up.

It was awesome though. Lucid dreams Pwn.
What's false awakening?
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by Fixer
What's false awakening?

When you dream you have woken up, but are actually still asleep.
I've had one where I was in a dream, where I woke up, but I was still in a dream, then I woke up again, and then woke up again, and woke up again, and I was still dreaming.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
im gonna attmept one tonight ill wake up 6 hours after i got to sleep and do the fild teqnique (finger induced lucid dream) i relaly wanna experiance one i had one last night but i didnt think to do anything and woke up too fast
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
Is that like the same as sleep paralysis?
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
no fild is when you wake up 6 hours into a sleep have a piss walk round for 10 mnutes then go back to your bed and pretend to pe playing a piano with the index and middle finger of your right hand so just index middle index middle etc and you will fall asleep doing this and dream that your pretending to play a piano so 2 minutes into going back to bed and doing the finger thing do a reality check like hold your nose and if you can breath your dreaming and then youll be able to have a lucid dream if not just keep doing the finger thing and doing reality checks until you are dreaming.
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
i sometimes lucid dream. but i dont know if its real or not, and by the time i realise its real i wake up with the excitment of the posability of ****ing 50 hot chicks at once...(in my dream of course. dont kno if it would be posible in real life cause i only have one penis)
I quite often have lucid dreams. In fact, most of the dreams (that I can remember) are lucid.

I had no idea there were techniques to doing it, or that it had a name at all

But seriously, I get them all the time. Usually the dream will start off with a mind of its own, so to speak. Then as it progresses, I suddenly realise I can control it. I love it, and that's good because I get them so often

I've also had false awakenings as well. But I didn't ever think they were anything special. I just thought they were normal dreams, just that you were dreaming you woke up. Nothing special about that, so I thought. meh.

I might check out that article though.
I didn't have a signature until now.
i had a lucid dream a couple years ago. it was my first day of grade seven, i walked to school, said hello to some friends that would be at grade 6 then, realized I was at the wrong school, and ran off.all I remember.
Quote by lahoosaher
wha do ido to lucid deam

maybe read the whole thread and click the links that people tagged as "how to".....just a thought, dont mind me
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Quote by Evan50150
maybe read the whole thread and click the links that people tagged as "how to".....just a thought, dont mind me

Pfft.

As if, loser!

I didn't have a signature until now.
Lets be real guys. You all want to harness the power of the lucid dream JUST to bang a girl in your dream.
id rather bang a girl then have a dream, than dream im banging a girl
Quote by Evan50150
i'd rather bang a girl named dream(prostitute), than dream im banging a girl.

ooook...... im not even gonna ask where that one came from
has anyone experianced the paralysis if you wake up mid dream its happeend to me once **** its scary
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
I had one once, but I didn't use any method, it just happend. I was jumping out of a helicopter and when I survived I realised I was dreaming, I wish I was able to do it when ever I sleep it was a cool experience.
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
Quote by buhda
has anyone experianced the paralysis if you wake up mid dream its happeend to me once **** its scary

how so? you mean you couldnt move......cant say i have, ill wake up and not want to move but thats another story all together.

or are you talking about the whole death by dream thing? you know, the falling dream everyone has....if you hit in your dream before you wake up, you die....
yes it was a falling dream and i died and when i woke i couldnt move or speak for like 10 or 20 minutes i was about 12 they say because sometimes if you wake up at a certain time of the night your body is parylised but you usually dont notice cause your asleep
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
I remember I used to lucid dream like every night a year or so ago, now it's a lot less frequent. Like once every three or four times maybe. I'm surprised so many people have difficulty with it.

edit:
By the way, awsome site! Nice job threadstarter.
Last edited by Archaon at Jun 15, 2006,
never heard of it....thats really odd though
yeah its one of my fears now that im gonna try lucid dream all the time that if i wake up mid dream ill be parylised again
my gear:
ibanez rg 320fm
washburn mirage standard
vantage acoustic
Fender Deville tube amp
1977 les paul standard
Quote by jhardcore
When you dream you have woken up, but are actually still asleep.

I think that would be incredibly unsettling, it would make me question reality, i dont even want to go there
Actually you do. It does not make you question reality. I think he defined it wrong. Lucidity is the state of knowing you are dreaming, and if your mind is strong/trained enough, you can completely manipulate your dream. For example, you could get rid of everything and reformat your world to look like mars. Or you could pretend you are superman and go around lifting cars and throwing them at people, get my drift? It's your chance to play God. You can do whatever you want and not worry about suffering the concequences.

Why would you ever be afraid of that?
I know how to control my dreams I just forget that I'm dreaming.Exreaming of a great big scrumptious meal that I am eating or a fine boy that I'm going out with.(it feels real you can taste the food and the boy is just gorgeous).
God, people gotta be so mean!
Don't stop if I fall, and don't look back...Oh baby don't stop, bury me and fade to black.
Just a thought, but what if you were lucid dreaming some perverted dream, and started to talk in it, and also started to talk out loud, with other people within earshot. That'd be friggin hilarious. Anyways, I'm reading on that lucid dreaming site now. I can remember some dreams, and those are probably the closest to lucid dreams that I've had. I don't believe I've ever had a true lucid dream though. Closest I've come is probably one morning whne I was real young. I was half asleep and half awake, and I found myself at the dinner table, and my mom asked if I wanted any salad. I said "no thanks" out loud and woke myself up lol. It was pretty cool, gave me a giggle. So how easy would it be for me to start lucid dreaming?
We're only strays.