Get your own sound you thief!

Getting a bands sound is mainly down to your amp cause one person may say something like get a metal zone which sounds great on his but might sound bad on yours. So what set up have you got first? Amp and guitar.
Don't copy other artists sounds. Get your own sound that's way cooler than a Sum 41 sound.
*Sigh*
First off I said I wanted to know how to get that distortion, that dirty sound without a lot of trebel. I just said sum41 because it sounds a lot like it.
secondly I see people comming on here wanting artists entire setup and no one has a problem, yet I come one wanting just a distortion pedal and you guys jump down my throat.
stick it to the man charlie brown... i suggest that boss distortion one that everyone gets or turbo overdrive, and the sums rock a fun sound
Quote by amadeus_who
stick it to the man charlie brown... i suggest that boss distortion one that everyone gets or turbo overdrive, and the sums rock a fun sound

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.
ILl help You out man you should be able to get the tone with a Boss metal zone pedal. But if you would prefer to get the amp to get closer im not sure what the singer uses but The Brownsound allways used a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50. to bad he aint in the band anymore he was the best part about them.

But for settings im not to sure. If you say there isnt alot of treble in it then turn the treble down. sry i couldnt help you out more
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
ILl help You out man you should be able to get the tone with a Boss metal zone pedal. But if you would prefer to get the amp to get closer im not sure what the singer uses but The Brownsound allways used a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50. to bad he aint in the band anymore he was the best part about them.

But for settings im not to sure. If you say there isnt alot of treble in it then turn the treble down. sry i couldnt help you out more

Thanks, I just wanted an idea of what he uses, specifically in half hour of power.
Good to know there are still mature posters.
i remember reading somthing about them in a mag a long time ago that said they used a MXR double shot distorion.
^they don't have a new guy. they are just going to stay with 3 people and have someone tour with them to do Dave's parts. I think that is pretty lame. They should have recruited someone else. Well, can't wait to hear the Brown Brigade.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
ya i want to hear the Brown brigade thing that he is doing as he is an ok guitarist.

Sum 41 to me has allways been pretty lame but the brownsound was allways pretty coool they are just totally gay now that he is gone
Quote by Schecter1277
*Sigh*
First off I said I wanted to know how to get that distortion, that dirty sound without a lot of trebel. I just said sum41 because it sounds a lot like it.
secondly I see people comming on here wanting artists entire setup and no one has a problem, yet I come one wanting just a distortion pedal and you guys jump down my throat.

haha, well it depends who gets here firt. ;_

syn, i wouldn't say an mt-2, he doesn't want treble, and the mt IS treble.

perhaps a boss turbo distortion?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^ Ya but SUm41 sux ass so i didnt know exactly what tone he was looking for thats why i suggested the amp because thats what Dave uses.

Thx for correcting me though
sum 41 were my jr. high sh*t. don't be dissin.

fat lip is still headbang-able. and they have good tone.

again, as with my nu-metal tone rant, THEY USE GOOD EQUIPMENT AND HAVE GOOD TONE. just because you don't like the music doens't mean the tone sucks.

the lead guy uses PRS and mesa, the other guy uses good all tube marshalls. they have good tone. especially on chuck.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
ya i vaguly remember them having good tone from a few songs i heard im just not a big fan of the music ill admit that Dave is a pretty decent guitarist though even though not a fan of the music
Im pretty sure he USED a MXR double dist., dimebag dist., and a dist. + through a Marshall 50DSL.