I recently bought a VOX ad50vt and I'm just crazy about this amp.

Yesterday I started wondering if I really made the right choice. I play alot of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Rainbow, Dio and Black Sabbath.

Should I have gone for the Roland Cube instead? I hav'nt tried it but I've read alot of reviews that said good things about it.

I know that I'm being silly but I just want to know.
yea i think some of the presets on the vox are pretty gd for that kind of music.......its not like they're uber high gain or anything, yes the roland cube is generally more associated with the heavier tones, due to its pretty good rectifier model, but the Vox has enough gain for maiden etc
So, it would'nt be necessary to switch amps at the guitarstore? Would I get a better sound if I got a Roland cube instead?

I can get my money back or change to another amp for a couple of more days. That's why I'm wondering.
The Vox have a bit of a learning curve, However it will do Judas Priest and Black Sabbath better than a Cube.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
The Vox have a bit of a learning curve, However it will do Judas Priest and Black Sabbath better than a Cube.

So you can say that the Vox will do most things "better" than the cube, except metal?

What metal is it exactly that the cube does better? Is it more "aggressive" metal, like death- and blackmetal?
Very versatile, also does most of the tones that the cube does better. however most of the high gain amps models are very poor and inaccurate as well as the speaker not sound very good with the high gain models. IThe Vox is more vintage based, while the Cube has better modern sounds with high gain models not as fizzy.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Very versatile, also does most of the tones that the cube does better. however most of the high gain amps models are very poor and inaccurate as well as the speaker not sound very good with the high gain models. IThe Vox is more vintage based, while the Cube has better modern sounds with high gain models not as fizzy.

Ok, thanks mate. I'm not as worried now.
I'll keep my Vox and rock as hard as I can with it!