can someone tab me on how to tune half step down or the tuning of the song byob... it's my 4th month in guitar playing still i dont know it thanks
if you have a good enough tuner u can tune ur guitar to sharps or flats (so you'd tune to D# G# C# F# A# D# or Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb...same thing) if you don't have a high tech tuner u can put a capo on the first fret and tune it to standard tuning, then take the capo off...it's a little less accurate and u might not sound as good as u would tuning it exactly, but it works.
half a step down :

put your finger on the 4th fret of the Low E string, and tune it down to the same pitch as the A string

Then put your finger on the 5th fret of the Low E string and tune as normally

Or if you have a tuner, then do what he said ^
It's Chico Time
that's not right
not eb ab db gb bb eb

just

db ab db gb db eb

it's drop D but jost half step down

so dropPED-d (that's what malakian said in an interview)
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
BYOB has the tuning Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb (low to high), and to get there you tune the lowest string 2 frets down from standard tuning (E-D) and then all string down a fret (D-Db) (A-Ab)....
im new also, still tryin to learn the different tunings. I have a tuner, with a flat button. each time i push it, a flat icon appears ( push it twice, 2 icons appear etc.) if i push it once, does that mean its tuned down 1 step? half a step?

if u culd help me out with this plz id really appreciate it, thnx
Last edited by Killswitch_77 at Jun 15, 2006,